Does potassium nitrate and potassium phosphate react?

kwirky

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
54
Location
Calgary, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently dose 1mg kno3 and 0.04mg kpho3 weekly but since it's weekly i often forget to do it, sometimes a couple weeks in a row with visible degradation to acro health, so i want to automatically dose it. I only have one channel free on my kamoer dosing pump. Can i mix potassium nitrate and potassium phosphate in an aqueous solution at the same ratio I've been dosing the dry ferts without them reacting?
 
I currently dose 1mg kno3 and 0.04mg kpho3 weekly but since it's weekly i often forget to do it, sometimes a couple weeks in a row with visible degradation to acro health, so i want to automatically dose it. I only have one channel free on my kamoer dosing pump. Can i mix potassium nitrate and potassium phosphate in an aqueous solution at the same ratio I've been dosing the dry ferts without them reacting?
They do not react or interact but the mixture could good algae and bacteria food. This could be a problem if you store the dilute mixture.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new