Does reef chili raise nutrients?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any specific numbers, but each time I used it, my nutrients went out of whack and either dinos or cyano infestations occured. So, I don't use it any longer.

OP
OP
Reefbuds

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any specific numbers, but each time I used it, my nutrients went out of whack and either dinos or cyano infestations occured. So, I don't use it any longer.
Eek that's no good. I've not used much of it, just mix a bit in my target feed concoction. No issues like that but like I said, I've not used much.. can't find any answers online about the effect on nutes

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s organic matter. Whether digested by fish/coral, or broken down by bacteria, it will contribute to the nutrient excess load of the tank. ALL organic foodstuffs will do this. If it’s food, from something that was once a living organism, it will add nitrogen and phosphorous to the system in some form or fashion.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have no issues feeding reef chili. I get a feeding response even from my acros. It’s in my rotation of foods. It definitely doesn’t raise nutrients as much as reef roids. But I only feed coral foods twice a week. Unless my nutrients are low.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back