Does this brand new EcoTech MP40 **LOOK** new?

daddi-o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new here after lurking for a while. I'm hoping to start a build thread soon for my very first reef tank. Today was Christmas at my house. I received a Reefer 350, lights, ATO and one Vortech MP40. I opened the MP40 to take a look at it, and the dry side looks like its been rubbing on a tank wall for a while. Everything else appears brand new and the sticker was still intact on the box.

Does this look normal for something fresh out of the box?

IMG_0621.jpeg

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new here after lurking for a while. I'm hoping to start a build thread soon for my very first reef tank. Today was Christmas at my house. I received a Reefer 350, lights, ATO and one Vortech MP40. I opened the MP40 to take a look at it, and the dry side looks like its been rubbing on a tank wall for a while. Everything else appears brand new and the sticker was still intact on the box.

Does this look normal for something fresh out of the box?

IMG_0621.jpeg
Doesn’t look new to me...... I’ve had mine for years and they don’t look like that.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dryside doesn’t ‘rub’ .... not really. It sits inside the spacer. May just be a mfg quirk.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything else was packaged properly and sealed, then I’m sure it’s new. I’ve seen a new one like that before. Probably just something to do with the manufacturing process of that backing.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If everything else was packaged properly and sealed, then I’m sure it’s new. I’ve seen a new one like that before. Probably just something to do with the manufacturing process of that backing.
+1

Was there a seal?

OP
OP
D

daddi-o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The box was sealed with a clear sticker identical to some the EcoTech lights and everything else looks perfect. They even have a new electronics smell:). Maybe I’m being too nervous.

I was stoked to see that the MP40s are made in Pennsylvania.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That part is made from a material that has a fill, this creates flow marks/haze during molding. We don’t worry about it because the gasket/spacer covers it.

The pump is new and you apply your gasket over that so you never see it again

OP
OP
D

daddi-o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That part is made from a material that has a fill, this creates flow marks/haze during molding. We don’t worry about it because the gasket/spacer covers it.

The pump is new and you apply your gasket over that so you never see it again

Awesome! Thanks, Tim. The fact that you responded makes me happy I decided to buy EcoTech.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The box was sealed with a clear sticker identical to some the EcoTech lights and everything else looks perfect. They even have a new electronics smell:). Maybe I’m being too nervous.

I was stoked to see that the MP40s are made in Pennsylvania.

Yeah, EcoTech is up in Allentown! My best friend lived in Bethlehem, and I once dated a girl from Emmaus, so it’s cool to see that they’re from my old stomping grounds.
Glad you got the issue sorted. Enjoy your MP40. I need to pick up a new one next week, myself.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back