Does this look alive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeyZo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeyZo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Messages
851
Reaction score
1,460
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my acros doesn’t seem to have polyps anymore, but it’s hard for me to tell because they are so small and my eyes suck. But even their pictures are throwing me for a loop. Just want the experts help. I don’t want to pull it if it’s still alive. It is still fluorescent under blues but even that’s hard to tell.

IMG_2028.jpeg
 
It happens. I don’t lose sleep over it. Im surprised my other SPS are doing well with the stock LED on my Biocube Jr. 😊
 
It happens. I don’t lose sleep over it. Im surprised my other SPS are doing well with the stock LED on my Biocube Jr. 😊
You can't lose sleep over it. Some just die and others do great. It all depends on the tank its in and how it's able to adapt. There are certain things I can't keep either.
 
Yeah the others look ok. You might want to up the current a little bit, but otherwise they look fine.
Every batch of coral I've ever bought, something dies. Fish can be even worse.
 
Like others have said some times corals just don't make it.
I would just leave it and see what it does. I have had some recover and others not in an otherwise healthy system.
 
Like others have said some times corals just don't make it.
I would just leave it and see what it does. I have had some recover and others not in an otherwise healthy system.
Yeah. I’ll leave t in. I think I’ll move it too and see if anything happens
 
Nah, that one is a goner fo sho!
If you look really close at that photo which was very good BTW, it's only skeleton. The tissue is gone.
I have a rock compartment in my mud refugium full of those.

It's more like my hidden compartment of shame.
 
Nah, that one is a goner fo sho!
If you look really close at that photo which was very good BTW, it's only skeleton. The tissue is gone.
I have a rock compartment in my mud refugium full of those.

It's more like my hidden compartment of shame.
That is a shame. I hide mine in the carx reclaim bucket, lol.
 
Nah, that one is a goner fo sho!
If you look really close at that photo which was very good BTW, it's only skeleton. The tissue is gone.
I have a rock compartment in my mud refugium full of those.

It's more like my hidden compartment of shame.
I have the same thing, great way to boost pod populations.
 
I think I have a macro lens in my orphek filters. I should try using that someday...I was just complaining about an Aussie Gold I have where I couldnt see the polyps beause they're small...well Hello!!! 🙄

It's kind of like looking for your keys when they're in your hand.
 
If you put it up against another sps, will it encrust over it? lol skeletal recycling
 
If you put it up against another sps, will it encrust over it? lol skeletal recycling
You can call it a "milletenuis", sell frags for 500 bucks each and just stand there and comb your hair on Youtube for the rest of your life. 👍
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new