Does this look stupid?

RockyMountainReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this like stupid? Bottom cabinet will have apex power bar and top cabinet will have 2 DOS. Aquarium will also probably be move over a foot. I’m thinking it might look better with the Hydra 32’s in place also. Any thoughts or advice?

93D428AF-50C4-48A7-85BC-02BC2A250A8F.jpeg ACC0AAAF-3DE0-4541-B503-42C10819F8EB.jpeg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think the one sticking up above the height of the aquarium looks bad. It draws my attention away from the tank, but maybe that would change if the tank was setup and running with lights.
Also, if you like it what does it matter what anyone else thinks.

OP
OP
RockyMountainReefing

RockyMountainReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think the one sticking up above the height of the aquarium looks bad. It draws my attention away from the tank, but maybe that would change if the tank was setup and running with lights.
Also, if you like it what does it matter what anyone else thinks.
I’m thinking the lights might be around that height when mounted. Idk hopefully

OP
OP
RockyMountainReefing

RockyMountainReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have a better idea of how to mount the wall cabinets? Just want to get everything in its place while I have the chance to do wire management. Also I have to run lines over the door way that’s on the right for auto water change, it will be in the wall but that’s why I was building upwards on the right side. Thanks 4 ur input every one.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you bring the top cabinet down to the middle and move the current middle section up? I agree with @Gtinnel ....I think that would bother me protruding out and being above the tank. Like you said though, the lights might balance it all out.

Mikey-D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would place all the controllers on them and see whats its gonna look like and wire management, right now it looks ok, but once everythig is on there and out in the open you might think otherwise

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look bad, but I don't think the lights are enough to balance it out. Plus the top cabinet is kinda just there, balance is off to me.
If space permits, I'd move one cabinet to the left side even with the bottom of the tank. Do the same with the other side. This way you have a tabletop for testing and such. Could the panel be placed horizontally? If not it still would not distract as much as the cabinet.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As suggested above… put the 2 cabinets on the bottom and the control board on top. Try to mount the top cabinet so it is the same height as the base of the tank.

I would put the wet stuff (Dos) on the bottom and the electrical in the middle. If there is a leak, it won’t drip. Into the control stuff.

Would look really slick if you could get a 3rd cabinet large enough for the control board.

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A clean set up is a simple set up. You want the attention on the tank only . Accessories cabinets needs to be hidden as much as possible . Best to have none if you can .

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t get by with just 1 cabinet?
That’s the best option.

OP
OP
RockyMountainReefing

RockyMountainReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A clean set up is a simple set up. You want the attention on the tank only . Accessories cabinets needs to be hidden as much as possible . Best to have none if you can .
Yea if I could put it in tank cabinet I would but I don’t have space with the sump

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back