Does this product replace WCs (For a while)

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am sure you all have heard of Marin Tropic's All For Reef. Assuming I got the nutrient export part down, would dosing this product eliminate the need for a WC? According to Tropic Marin it has trace elements and the big three (alk, Ca, Mag). I am only asking because doing WCs is very hard for me right now because I don't have an RODI unit, so until I get one, is it ok if I don't do WCs for 2 months or so while dosing this? Thank you.

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer is yes. I've done this before. Be sure to spot check your calcium and magnesium because they will drift, be ready to supplement either. Once you start getting into trace elements I can't comment because I don't do ICP

OP
OP
maleks.reef

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer is yes. I've done this before. Be sure to spot check your calcium and magnesium because they will drift, be ready to supplement either. Once you start getting into trace elements I can't comment because I don't do ICP
Wouldn't testing my Alk be sufficient (i don't have a mag and ca kit)? I only have 3 lps in my tank, the rest are all softies.

chousecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what you're keeping in your tank. I used to use AFR in my 34 gallon tank mixed with LPS and softies and went to doing WCs from weekly to every 3 or so weeks. I don't use AFR anymore because its sold out so I just dose kalk and do water changes every two weeks now.

EDIT: Also one user said to keep in mind of your Calc and Magnesium as they begin to drift, I 100% agree. My MAG wasn't getting replenished as high as I would like it (above 1400) so thats why I would do a WC every 3 or so weeks.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't done a water change in over 4.5 years. I dose Red Sea abcd elements. I dose nopox. Everything seems to do just fine. There's a little more to it but I have a very simple system, tons of rock, a skimmer in the sump, a couple bags of carbon and a couple bags of phosgaurd. That's it no controllers, manual dosing. I have a huge bioload of fish and alot of different types of corals.
20210511_133123.jpg

chousecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't done a water change in over 4.5 years. I dose Red Sea abcd elements. I dose nopox. Everything seems to do just fine. There's a little more to it but I have a very simple system, tons of rock, a skimmer in the sump, a couple bags of carbon and a couple bags of phosgaurd. That's it no controllers, manual dosing. I have a huge bioload of fish and alot of different types of corals.
20210511_133123.jpg
Please tell me you got a LA Lakers zoa to complete the theme of the tank hahaha

OP
OP
maleks.reef

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210511_133123.jpg
That is one beautiful tank. How long has it been up? What do you dose than red sea abcd?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell me you got a LA Lakers zoa to complete the theme of the tank hahaha
Zoas don't do it for me. I did but my 1st favia frag that just stood out for me when I spotted it and they said it was a dragon soul favia. It looked great and really only bought it because it was very close to the Lakers purple and gold;).

Last edited:

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210511_133123.jpg
I never get how tanks with this much coral get by. I am always terrified that my corals going to shade OT sting each other.... looks awesome.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about encrusting? Sorry last question not trying to hi-jack.
Only encrusting coral really is a war coral and cyphastria on left side and I just let those grow. Encrusting acros I just let touch and battle and they mostly form an understanding.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210511_133123.jpg
That Clown Trigger though???????????

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back