Doh! Moment!

Tamale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to raise my phosphates from zero via dosing for weeks, with zero success. It's a small 20g with a few corals so shouldn't be rapidly removing phosphates so quickly that .02-04ppm is removed overnight and the rocks are definitely saturated 8 months in right?

This evening I was organizing my "reef stuff" box and caught a glimpse of my chemi-pure blue that I have been using without much thought ever since a bout of cyano a few months ago. I then notice the fine print, "Advanced phosphate removal..." on the bag.

Sigh. My RedSea Reefspec carbon is back in the sump haha.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to raise my phosphates from zero via dosing for weeks, with zero success. It's a small 20g with a few corals so shouldn't be rapidly removing phosphates so quickly that .02-04ppm is removed overnight and the rocks are definitely saturated 8 months in right?

This evening I was organizing my "reef stuff" box and caught a glimpse of my chemi-pure blue that I have been using without much thought ever since a bout of cyano a few months ago. I then notice the fine print, "Advanced phosphate removal..." on the bag.

Sigh. My RedSea Reefspec carbon is back in the sump haha.
Gotta love those "doh" moments. Take comfort in knowing we've all had them. LOL

OP
OP
Tamale

Tamale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lesson learned! i've had a few of those moments myself! surely deserves a good chuckle to keep us humble. :)
I've got plenty more to learn too! Figured you veterans would appreciate a light hearted failure to laugh about!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back