Dollar store glue vs IC Gel. Which is better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter trido
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've used pretty much every glue mentioned here. They are all valid points.
- The loc-tite buttons on the sides work well, but I'm a utilizer. Meaning, I don't know if I got the last drop from the bottle; I don't like throwing out unused glue.
- Dollar store glue, hit or miss on filled vs 1/4 filled, the problem I have, is you go thru them quick and if you lose a top, you're scrambling to find a top after you made a frag and can't find the new OR old top to get into your new bottle of glue.
- Gorilla glue, works but the applicator bottle was brutal, I couldn't get all the glue out. (maybe I have weak hands) Again, I try to use every drop.
- Ecotech glue, I got a couple samples from a LFS. It worked well, but the price...
- BSI-IC Gel, probably my favorite to get when I can get it on sale (local club does group buy thru LFS) It's the best value for me. It's a good size tube, the cap usually doesn't get stuck and works (as well as the others) for gluing frags.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new