Donatella and Donatello Show Off Thread

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have created this thread to let all the proud owners of Donatella and Donatello paly to show case it's beauty.

I am not sure if these 2 morphs are identical and share the same characteristic, however, Donatella is rather sensitive and it has certain care requirement.

The following is the care requirement:
1. Low Flow (melt overnight under high flow)
2. Medium high light to bring out all its coloration (slowly adjusted)
3. KH 9-10 (not happy when KH is below 9)
4. High calcium level at 450-480(my tank calcium level)

Besides being a melter and slow grower, Donatella is indeed a stunning collection paly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic of coz......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,040
Last edited:

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some look a likes, but the skirt isn't as green. Maybe they just need some coloring up to do.

Regular
donatellalookalike_zps7dece549.jpg

Under Actinics:
donatellalookalikeactinic_zps6b07945e.jpg

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some look a likes, but the skirt isn't as green. Maybe they just need some coloring up to do.

Regular
donatellalookalike_zps7dece549.jpg

Under Actinics:
donatellalookalikeactinic_zps6b07945e.jpg

I found some look alikes from the same source if you got those off the Internet, that frag looks familiar. Mine are acclimating right now ill post a pic in a few hours.

Yours are pretty BA by the way.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Regular

Under Actinics:
Buddy those are the same. If you put them on lower light they will color up. I put some low mid high and lower got the best color. Good find why don't you tell people where you got them maybe they have more for the fine people of this forum.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, they weren't an online purchase. LFS! :)

I know Reefers Cove sold one as part of a pack last night. Hit Liz up!

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think this one is Donatella, as the Donatella that I released is bright and yellow.....maybe this is Donatello?

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buddy those are the same. If you put them on lower light they will color up. I put some low mid high and lower got the best color. Good find why don't you tell people where you got them maybe they have more for the fine people of this forum.

hey whoah, so if mine look the same as yours does that make them.. Donatellos? :)

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice find buddy. There's a few different ones floating around I have seen some other ones in Bay Area. They are light dependant on colors I think. Josh was just the first to post about them. All the same. I just don't see why you are calling yours donatella when you told me in pm that your were donetellos. Now you decide they are different?

Hermespm:

If you have followed the thread of joshporksandwich, u would see that he also posted a pic that consist of the colony and realize that they are actually the same paly. We both are using different camera and under different lighting, there is noway that our pics are going to be exactly the same. Also, his pic has also been photoshopped.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told everyone I named the paly after Donatella Versace...and I am not sure if Donatella is identical to Donatello as I don't have Josh's Donatello. Can we move from this please??? This is a show off thread for both paly, I hope u have a nice pic to show to everyone.

Last edited:

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No never said that as I stated In the other thread. You pm me yourself and said they were the same as I posted above. Just confusing to me why you are trying to say yours is different now. Honest question?

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... we can only post in this thread of pics of a morph if we get them from you or Mr Porkies (who as everyone knows won't sell them and hoardes them all! :tongue:)... Guess mine don't fit the bill, but I said they were look a likes. But then again they're new, fresh from the mari rock. Who knows what they'll look like in a few months.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice find buddy. There's a few different ones floating around I have seen some other ones in Bay Area. They are light dependant on colors I think. Josh was just the first to post about them. All the same. I just don't see why you are calling yours donatella when you told me in pm that your were donetellos. Now you decide they are different?

Hermespm:

If you have followed the thread of joshporksandwich, u would see that he also posted a pic that consist of the colony and realize that they are actually the same paly. We both are using different camera and under different lighting, there is noway that our pics are going to be exactly the same. Also, his pic has also been photoshopped.

Donatellos and donatella are the same herb just decided to name his differntly actually if it makes you fell better I can name them something else. I'm not going to bash him.

I do this as a hobby if i wanted to make $$$ I would have sold at least 30 to all the people that pm and offered me $100+ for 1. I'm just glad he's not selfish like me and was willing to share. Well I gave over 30 for free to all my friends and still have 3 colonies with 100+ Not even Rnegret that's my friend got one and he offered a lot for it I just didn't want him to **** a lot of you LOL . PhotoShop????? Someone must not be very smart if you think you can get the colors on such a nice paly without it. Ohhhhh and so you don't get disappointed all my pictures are photoshoped LOL.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be selling them for $10pp free shipping soon Hahahahahaha im kidding please don't fill my pm space!

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha lets leave the raping out of this. So per josh there is no donatella the Donatello was found first. Also this thread isn't allowed you can't do a show off thread of stuff your selling. Ask bigshow.

So your giving them away and Hermes is changing the name and selling for 100+.pp. awesome.

Last edited:

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha lets leave the raping out of this. So per josh there is no donatella the Donatello was found first. Also this thread isn't allowed you can't do a show off thread of stuff your selling. Ask bigshow.

So your giving them away and Hermes is changing the name and selling for 100+.pp. awesome.

All of you move to Miami help me with all the water changes, rock arrangement, fragging, pink and gold removals, Texas trash removal, removal of dead sps due to my nasty water and become my friends and ill give you some for free ROFL! Except Darwin he gets to keep all the pink and golds LOL

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of you move to Miami help me with all the water changes, rock arrangement, fragging, pink and gold removals, Texas trash removal, removal of dead sps due to my nasty water and become my friends and ill give you some for free ROFL! Except Darwin he gets to keep all the pink and golds LOL
I swear josh, I'll make a pink and gold palytoxin drink you'll never forget!

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to put them all together tonight and take an awesome picture with my new macro lens. I wonder if they'll look like Donatellos or donatellas? LOL. Lots of photochopping!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back