Dorian and MACNA?

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hate to be the first to post,,,,but I live in south florida ......may have to cancel my trip to macna so as to not get caught is traffic of Orlando fleeing a storm.FYI contacted the hotel and they will only refund if a hurricane warning is issued for Orlando the day of your stay,otherwise its a 5 day cancellation policy,,,fingers crossed it doesnt get worse toward the weekend(but its not looking good)may have to make sure my home and tank are prepared.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to decide myself. I’m in Jacksonville and the weather channel said Dorian could be a CAT 3 by the time it hits the east coast. I don’t want to get there and be trapped by traffic. Orlando traffic is bad on a good day.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, it’s barely a category 1, if that. Nobody flees; it’s a rainstorm. I’ll be going to Macna no matter what
I went to bed the night before Hurricane Andrew was suppose to come into Palm BeachCounty as a CAT1..It came in across Miami as a CAT5

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hate to be the first to post,,,,but I live in south florida ......may have to cancel my trip to macna so as to not get caught is traffic of Orlando fleeing a storm.FYI contacted the hotel and they will only refund if a hurricane warning is issued for Orlando the day of your stay,otherwise its a 5 day cancellation policy,,,fingers crossed it doesnt get worse toward the weekend(but its not looking good)may have to make sure my home and tank are prepared.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in south Florida and do storm clean up as a profession. Cat 1-2 is a strong thunderstorm. Nothing to worry to much about. Cat 3 and above has the potential to demolish where ever it hits directly. Either way it won’t be hitting till about Tuesday so macna should be good

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in south Florida too and supposed to be at Macna the whole weekend. I think we have to wait and see as it gets closer in the next few days. As always in Florida, just be prepared, but don’t believe the early tracking. I think the only way they will cancel is if a warning is issued to the central florida area.

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in SW Florida and was planning to leave tomorrow afternoon. I guess it's going to be a last minute decision. I already have two weekend pass MACNA tickets and four nights booked at the Dolphin.

If a hurricane warning is issued, are the MACNA tickets refundable as well?

If this hurricane doesn't go well for MACNA, it may be a long time before it's ever held in Florida again.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People not from Florida would not know, it is not the storm that get you, it is the aftermath of no power, no water, no AC, down trees, no gas, traffic that get you. With a bad rain storm, the whole city lost power... let alone a Cat 1/2 hurricane.. It takes months to restore electricity.

In addition, you all don't remember 2 years ago IRMA - Turnpike and all the highways are a parking lot? It takes 10 hours to go from Miami to Orlando in a bumper to bumper 5 mph traffic.....

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to decide myself. I’m in Jacksonville and the weather channel said Dorian could be a CAT 3 by the time it hits the east coast. I don’t want to get there and be trapped by traffic. Orlando traffic is bad on a good day.

Hadn't thought about traffic. I'm in Jacksonville too... driving down to Orlando Saturday morning and coming back same day.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a long weekend which everyone hit the road, now we are adding people trying to evacuate from the EAST COAST to WEST COAST.... or people going NORTH/SOUTH...

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People not from Florida would not know, it is not the storm that get you, it is the aftermath of no power, no water, no AC, down trees, no gas, traffic that get you. With a bad rain storm, the whole city lost power... let alone a Cat 1/2 hurricane.. It takes months to restore electricity.

In addition, you all don't remember 2 years ago IRMA - Turnpike and all the highways are a parking lot? It takes 10 hours to go from Miami to Orlando in a bumper to bumper 5 mph traffic.....

Months to get electricity restored? Maybe in a Cat 5. Normally is well under a week ;) Don’t be dramatic/ fear-mongering.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back