Status
Not open for further replies.

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. All I have is the websites and some lie. That’s where I got the flame angel idea from lfs website said 30. But I understand. And same for the wrasse. Thanks

As mentioned above live aquaria is a great site to find minimum tank sizes for fish. I would avoid info from your lfs website. Do research before you buy any livestock.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size biocube? That will determine what beautiful fish to put in there. What else is in the tank?
Well it’s the newer 32 led biocube. Mrainepure bioball. Carbon. And filter. Live rock. Live sand. 4 clowns and a yellow clow goby.(was a test fish) I feed Fresno brine and small amounts of pellets. Brine 2 times a day.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp in tank stay around 78-79

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size biocube? That will determine what beautiful fish to put in there. What else is in the tank?
I believe the max size bio cube is 29 gallons but don't quote me. Way to small for any tang. Plus to keep trading it in to keep a small one just doesn't seem right and most likely setting up for failure long term. Even 32 gallons won't work with all the fish he currently has.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much thanks sir
that would be ma'am ;)

the cubes are hard because of the lack of swimming room. The best fish are the ones that kind of hang out. Clowns, gobies, cardinals mostly work. The active fish like wrasses and tangs need more space to swim. A six line WILL become a complete jerk in that small of space and kill everything. I really liked my watchman gobi / pistol shrimp combo in my cube. fun to watch.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be ma'am ;)

the cubes are hard because of the lack of swimming room. The best fish are the ones that kind of hang out. Clowns, gobies, cardinals mostly work. The active fish like wrasses and tangs need more space to swim. A six line WILL become a complete jerk in that small of space and kill everything. I really liked my watchman gobi / pistol shrimp combo in my cube. fun to watch.
What do the pitsol shrimp do.and repulsed they be ok with a cleaner shrimp?

germs101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be ma'am ;)

This^^^. Maybe a Gramma or blackcap Basslet with the clowns, a Cardinal pair, and goblie/ pistol pair. This would give you color ( Gramma/ basslet), color and visibility (clowns), open water space (Cardinals), and cool behavior (Gobie and pistol).

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pistols are fine with cleaners.
My candy cane pistol / yellow watchman gobi hung out together. the pistol did all the digging all day long, no OSHA breaks, and the watchman protected him. they were a team. both slept in the cave at night. You do need a sand bed for them.

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course nobody can stop you from putting whatever fish you want in your own tank, but you have to think about the animal. This animal was taken out of the ocean and its home for our pleasure which is sad enough in itself. So I think it's our responsibility to care for these animals as best as we can. Which means giving him or her a humane amount of room to swim depending on their needs. There are lots of colorful fish you can get that are more suited for your tank. You could get a flame hawk fish instead of a flame angel. I think you could put a wrasse in your tank depending on the type. You can always upgrade in the future to a larger tank and get a regal tang and a flame angel :) good luck

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My candy cane pistol / yellow watchman gobi hung out together. the pistol did all the digging all day long, no OSHA breaks, and the watchman protected him. they were a team. both slept in the cave at night. You do need a sand bed for them.
What is a sand bed? Just line of sand?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which means giving him or her a humane amount of room to swim depending on their needs. There are lots of colorful fish you can get that are more suited for your tank. You could get a flame hawk fish instead of a flame angel. I think you could put a wrasse in your tank depending on the type. You can always upgrade in the future to a larger tank and get a regal tang and a flame angel :) good luck

Pretty much this^.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ma’am

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot about the shrimp. I’m use to a pond of koi and goldfish. Just temp and toss

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need 2 pistols? Or is one ok

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that with 4 clowns and another fish you're pretty much maxed out on fish in your cube already. I know that's not something you want to hear but I feel you're setting yourself up for failure. Everyone here is trying to help you out and guide you to success. You should sit back and enjoy your clowns as the unique character's they are. Turn your attention to what kinds of coral your going to keep in your set up to make it colourful and go from there. :)

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I like the watchman and pitsol. Idea. Yeahh! To da storeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back