Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, compare a biocube to 48" 55. Awesome. Actually the tang police never arrived. Just honest advice from people who care about there animals and what new reefers to succeed. How horrible we must be! Good grief.

Actually, it was initially bought as quarter size, lived in 18G cube for like 4+ months or something, grow to like 3", then moved to the 55G, grow to like 6" in about 6+ months, then I lost interest in it and sold it on Craigslist. That's about a year, and it's typical time spans of my interests in large fish anyway. I only have small fish now, like dwarf angel and wrasse. Sold all the big ones like trigger, moorish idol, tangs, etc. I'm glad I tried them though, even never have a 100+G tank, otherwise I will never know I'm not as interested in them. And I do have to build a 200G tank to find out.

stan13ag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been on Reef2Reef in over a year and I log in to this gem. Don't keep a Dory in a Nano Tank. You'll likely have clown deaths if you keep all 4. I don't see why it is okay to swap out baby pacific blues every year, but it isn't ok to take back 2 clownfish. The awesome part about being 18 and having a reef tank is you have a lot of time to enjoy the hobby and learn other tips that you can pass on to an 18 year old in 10 years. You will hope they take your advice, like you should take the advice from people here... except the guy who said it was a good idea.

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why it is okay to swap out baby pacific blues every year, but it isn't ok to take back 2 clownfish.

My thoughts exactly. I don't understand why fish are so freaking expendable to people. If you had four dogs and there was a possibility they would fight to the death, I don't think anybody would just refuse to rehome some of the dogs because they can't chose which ones to remove. That would be animal abuse. In my opinion, it is also animal abuse when being cruel to fish. I know some people will think I'm being harsh, but we are talking about living breathing things here that can feel pain. I'm not trying to be mean in any way, I just feel strongly for animals.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, it was initially bought as quarter size, lived in 18G cube for like 4+ months or something, grow to like 3", then moved to the 55G, grow to like 6" in about 6+ months, then I lost interest in it and sold it on Craigslist. That's about a year, and it's typical time spans of my interests in large fish anyway. I only have small fish now, like dwarf angel and wrasse. Sold all the big ones like trigger, moorish idol, tangs, etc. I'm glad I tried them though, even never have a 100+G tank, otherwise I will never know I'm not as interested in them. And I do have to build a 200G tank to find out.
While your free to do what you want i think it's pretty irresponsible to suggest to a new reefer that he can keep a tang in 18 gallon nano. Why don't you save the trouble and read about a fish before you buy It? With your routine how do you know you'll have a fish long enough to thrive, a year is nothing. Ever think about another hobby? You buy fish, keep them in a tank where they can barley swim just to see if you'll like them in the future? That's selfish and the fact that you post that nonsense to tell others it's ok since you did it is sad. So would you go buy a puppy every few months just to see as it grows if you'll like it then trade it in if you don't?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back