Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your logic sir is astounding. You know coral and fish are different right? After this post it's obvious this thread has run it's course.
You do know I didn't mention anything about coral right? The pics are for fun and inspiration. Which is what all of us veterans in the hobby should be doing :)

Micro Reef Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waw

Never thought on having baby cats to grow them and then send them back to shop and trade them for a new baby cat

Or even baby dogs
Mmm...
how Jerk I am and I didn’t realize that

When I said I hate the loss feeling I didn’t knew also how jerk was being

And in this past year I read só many ways to safely add fish’s to a Tank , how jerk all those posts were

Well but I also never thought on making money with my tank and fish

So I might be a jerk too to not think on doing it and breed babies and sell them

Always learning :)

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AAlex17 enjoy your tank and observe it, you'll learn alot. It's fun!
Awesome advice from a veteran. To all new reefers, keep all the fish you want in whatever tank you have because there expendable animals says the "veteran" tommyhere. You should be proud

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waw

Never thought on having baby cats to grow them and then send them back to shop and trade them for a new baby cat.

Or even baby dogs
Mmm...
how Jerk I am and I didn’t realize that

When I said I hate the loss feeling I didn’t knew also how jerk was being

And in this past year I read só many ways to safely add fish’s to a Tank , how jerk all those posts were

Well but I also never thought on making money with my tank and fish

So I might be a jerk too to not think on doing it and breed babies and sell them

Always learning :)
?

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome advice from a veteran. To all new reefers, keep all the fish you want in whatever tank you have because there expendable animals says the "veteran" tommyhere. You should be proud
lol. My first tank was a 75 gallon and all my baby fish wene they grew big enough was always givin back to be put into big display tanks here in the Houston area and I get to see them all the time, wene they out grow it's fun to find a bigger better home for them, my ametur friend DSC reef :)

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. My first tank was a 75 gallon and all my baby fish wene they grew big enough was always givin back to be put into big display tanks here in the Houston area and I get to see them all the time, wene they out grow it's fun to find a bigger better home for them, my ametur friend DSC reef :)
This ametur doesn't have to worry about giving fish away, I don't put groupers in biocubes....

Last edited:

Chac317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look I understand the whole amount of info given to me. And I’m not get dory and I’m not putting anymore fish in my tank. So please let go of the dory thing. Im was making various points as to how a thought it would, and I know now it won’t work. I’m asking questions about my clowns. And not to offend anyone or not take your advice, but I can’t just take back two of my fish. Sorry but I can’t. I have sibling and I’m not trying to explain that to them. I was told and some people on here have said. Clowns are colonial. So, I know some people will be offended by this, but if some of my clown die.then I wouldn’t have to chose which ones I don’t. Because I want them all. Sorry and I’m not trying to offend anyone or start any drama. I just want this dory thing to end. And for people who want one in there biocube later. Can look it up in google and see this thread and use the knowledge given. Thank you

You’d rather them die than choose which ones to take back? Am I reading that correctly? No way, right?

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so I know dory needs a 180 gallon, but that’s for full size. So I was wondering if I got a baby dory and put it in my biocube. Would it be okay to live there and for how long?

You will have about 6 months to a year depends on how much you feed. I had one for 55G, it over grow it in about 6 months. I feed relatively heavy though.

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have about 6 months to a year depends on how much you feed. I had one for 55G, it over grow it in about 6 months. I feed relatively heavy though.
Agreed zsxking, don't bother reading the other post lol this new reefer got blasted by the tang police. For asking a question lol. Baby fish in smaller tank is fine but wene he grows give him a home he deserves:)

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed zsxking, don't bother reading the other post lol this new reefer got blasted by the tang police. For asking a question lol. Baby fish in smaller tank is fine but wene he grows give him a home he deserves:)
Yeah, compare a biocube to 48" 55. Awesome. Actually the tang police never arrived. Just honest advice from people who care about there animals and what new reefers to succeed. How horrible we must be! Good grief.

Micro Reef Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I am wrong in my poor English but let me see if I have googled it correctly

Veteran word:
a person of long experience usually in some occupation or skill

I still feel newbie after one year at the hobby and from what I have learned I still have all to learn

Can any one let me know if after three years in the hobby I will be a Veteran?

Is there any regulation that states that after three years at the hobby we get Veterans?

I have been talking with many reefers that are in the hobby for more then 15 or 20 years and they keep saying they are newbies

But maybe they are slow learners :)

Loss
My version of its meaning: the feeling of grief after losing someone or something of value.

Other’s version:
an amount of money lost by a business or organization

Now, it’s up to each one of us to choose which version we want to adopt regarding our pets we take care

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I am wrong in my poor English but let me see if I have googled it correctly

Veteran word:
a person of long experience usually in some occupation or skill

I still feel newbie after one year at the hobby and from what I have learned I still have all to learn

Can any one let me know if after three years in the hobby I will be a Veteran?

Is there any regulation that states that after three years at the hobby we get Veterans?

I have been talking with many reefers that are in the hobby for more then 15 or 20 years and they keep saying they are newbies

But maybe they are slow learners :)

Loss
My version of its meaning: the feeling of grief after losing someone or something of value.

Other’s version:
an amount of money lost by a business or organization

Now, it’s up to each one of us to choose which version we want to adopt regarding our pets we take care
?

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, compare a biocube to 48" 55. Awesome. Actually the tang police never arrived. Just honest advice from people who care about there animals and what new reefers to succeed. How horrible we must be! Good grief.
wooop wooop!

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32G is really a nano tank. If you put anything lager than 5" it's going to be too big and just look out of scale. A blue tang makes most tank really small and crowded. a 180 is really a minimum. I would suggest stick with clown fish and fire fish etc. Royal Gramma has nice color as well. Try to get something around 3".

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back