Dory in a biocube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so I know dory needs a 180 gallon, but that’s for full size. So I was wondering if I got a baby dory and put it in my biocube. Would it be okay to live there and for how long?

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to keep forever. But like to trade out with a new baby one. I mean I don’t the breeders keep them in 180s?

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had to chose one tang, which one tang and why? To be in a 32g as a baby.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about they are jerks and look bad

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel as if. You look at the little picture. Not to keep. Only as a baby till 4-4.5 inches in size start with a 1 inch. Logic says if a 4 clown is good the 1-2-3 inch tang should be good

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no reason to put a tang in a bio cube and no reason to keep trading a fish for a baby to keep a fish you "want". If you want a blue tang then get a bigger tank, period. Quit trying to justify the purchase. Plenty of blue fish alternatives. I'm not the tang police but a bio cube is out of the question.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to keep forever. But like to trade out with a new baby one. I mean I don’t the breeders keep them in 180s?
Breeders? Only one person I am aware of ever bred hippo tangs. I put a 1.5-2in one in my 6ft 150 gal tank and it out grew it in only a few months time. Tangs need more swimming room period.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel as if. You look at the little picture. Not to keep. Only as a baby till 4-4.5 inches in size start with a 1 inch. Logic says if a 4 clown is good the 1-2-3 inch tang should be good
There is no logic in what you want to do. This hobby is not for everybody. It seems like no matter what advice experienced reefers are giving you your going to do what you want. Not trying to be harsh, just being realistic.

Last edited:

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not logic by any means. Clowns hover in place all day. Tangs swim in strong current constantly. They can cover football fields in a day if not more in the wild

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns go in a circle around the whole tank. I’m not being a jerk. Cough. Like some others . Im already in the hobby thank you and down a$1g. What about a flame angel?

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't compare a tang to a clown. They are very different in their needs and movements. Clowns host so generally spend their time in one small area of the tank. Tangs swim out in the open, and very quickly...even small ones.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns go in a circle around the whole tank. I’m not being a jerk. Cough. Like some others . Im already in the hobby thank you and down a$1g. What about a flame angel?
Nobody Is being a jerk. You post a question and got solid advice from experienced reefers who care about there animals. In fact, you just started the name calling with your jerk comment. Be responsible and get a bigger tank. You'd know this right, since your experienced and all.....???

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not. But I can read attitude when people type period. And press............... okay. That’s what I’m talking about now I have dropped it and so should you. Now flame angel?

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your clowns go in a circle around the whole tank because the tank is small, the size of an anemone in the wild... A flame i wouldn't do in anything any less than 55gal. Theyd also get aggressive being cramped

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asking about a FLAME ANGEL? Or a colorful Wrasse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back