Dose amino acid while using triton method?

Colin_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

can you use Coral amino acid along with using the triton method? or do you think that would be too much dosing?
I'm currently researching it but thought I would see if anyone else has done this or what your thought are

thanks

OP
OP
Colin_S

Colin_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was meant to get it this month, but had to buyTriton regents, and icp test kit, oh and i bought more coral lol. so for this month my budgets done :rolleyes:,, it's on the to do list for next month

OP
OP
Colin_S

Colin_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read on the triton section that you can dose amino acids, someone dose's
RedSea Reef Energy AB along with triton and had good results.

my next question would be what brand?
I want a brand/solution I can just leave connected to the dosing pump until it's used up like the triton solution. It seems the ones I've read up on all require "shaking well" before use. Red Sea's one states you can leave for a week, while leaving the main solution refrigerated.
I have seen people with coral farms that use birghtwell amino acids and just hook up the bottle to the dosing pump, not sure how often they shake the bottle...

anth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read on the triton section that you can dose amino acids, someone dose's
RedSea Reef Energy AB along with triton and had good results.

my next question would be what brand?
I want a brand/solution I can just leave connected to the dosing pump until it's used up like the triton solution. It seems the ones I've read up on all require "shaking well" before use. Red Sea's one states you can leave for a week, while leaving the main solution refrigerated.
I have seen people with coral farms that use birghtwell amino acids and just hook up the bottle to the dosing pump, not sure how often they shake the bottle...
I run full triton and have tried the AB stuff.
Definitely not worth it. The only difference was crap building up on the back of my tank.
You realy dont need any of this aslong as you are maintaining detectable nutrients.
The only thing i feed is my fish and mysis to my lps once a week or so

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

can you use Coral amino acid along with using the triton method? or do you think that would be too much dosing?
I'm currently researching it but thought I would see if anyone else has done this or what your thought are

thanks
All I can say is test phosphate regularly I dosed red sea ab+ for about two weeks ny phosphates went from average of 0.05-0.10 to 0.30 and a massive hair algae problem

OP
OP
Colin_S

Colin_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
intresting...
by po4 is around 0.05 - 0.08 and nitrate 20+ (working on it)
i think i'm going to add lobster and fish eggs to my homemade fish food as well as other ingrediants for the corals, and continue with reef roids once or twice a week

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Colin_S did you ever start dosing anything in addition to your Triton- and what was your results? :) Cheers!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back