Doser 2.1 Calibration issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased the 2.1 and before I updated the firmware to 1.28, I was running 1.27. I was playing around with the settings and calibration to get familiar. To say the least I was impressed and found that calibration was easy and accurate.

That said, after updating the firmware to 1.28, I reset the settings and decided to get thing rolling for real. Went to calibrate at the fasted setting, it's starting point was 12 ml/min. I ran the calibration on the fastest setting and the end result was 39 ml/min. I changed the deviation and tested a dose of 20ml. The result was 21ml.

So, I calibrated again. Same thing. 21ml. So I entered 10ml and it dosed 11ml.
Calibrating the 3rd time, I wrote 40ml/min instead of 39ml. Ran a dose of 20ml and again it came out to 21ml.

Am I doing something wrong?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all you’re dosing is 20mL, I would run at a lower speed. Longer runtime will yield a better calibration.
How are you calibrating; what are you using to measure your effluent with?

Generally speaking, unless I do ATO, I almost always run at speed 0.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all you’re dosing is 20mL, I would run at a lower speed. Longer runtime will yield a better calibration.
How are you calibrating; what are you using to measure your effluent with?

Generally speaking, unless I do ATO, I almost always run at speed 0.
Thank you so much for the fast response! I'll give it a shot at lower speeds.

I'm using a Labstock 100ml glass graduated cylinder.
download.jpg

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a scale that can read down to to 0.1g’s then you can try that as well
I do!!

Got it calibrated perfectly! Thank you! I did 20ml and 20.1ml and the scale didn't lie! Much appreciated thank you! :D

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do!!

Got it calibrated perfectly! Thank you! I did 20ml and 20.1ml and the scale didn't lie! Much appreciated thank you! :D

I’ve ordered and received a few graduated measuring beakers/vessels just like yours above. Most of them weren’t accurate! Of course the ones I ordered didn’t come from laboratory supply vendors, rather from the amazing bookstore ;)

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered and received a few graduated measuring beakers/vessels just like yours above. Most of them weren’t accurate! Of course the ones I ordered didn’t come from laboratory supply vendors, rather from the amazing bookstore ;)
I was worrisome about it. I wouldn't have been offended if you told me it wasn't accurate. What is funny is I always use a scale to measure dry goods for dosing. Not sure why that didn't cross my mind to begin with. ;Facepalm;Bucktooth Thanks again!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the calibration on the fastest setting and the end result was 39 ml/min.
I'm glad to see this. I ran the calibration on Fast and came up with 37ml. I had no idea if that was in the ballpark or not. I'm just dosing Kalkwasser so I'm not horribly worried about accuracy yet.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just dosing Kalkwasser so I'm not horribly worried about accuracy yet.
Just in case you are, this thing is precise! Once calibrated, it's good to 1/10th a ml. Best purchase I've made thus far :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case you are, this thing is precise! Once calibrated, it's good to 1/10th a ml. Best purchase I've made thus far :)
I have to say I am loving my GHL stuff.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back