Doser 2.1 WiFi issues- Need help please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read a lot of information. I have watched YouTube videos. I also joined the support forum 3 days ago, but all this was in vain. I've programmed the doser according to all the info and videos, without an success. It's been 3 days and my username is still inactive and not able to post on the support forum. So...here I am. :-(

I've been able to connect via USB, but only was able to connect to my WiFi once from my iPhone. I'm not sure why it will not do it anymore.

So I've connected, then went to SYSTEM > SETTINGS > CLIENT MODE. I've searched WiFi and also manually entered the info without any luck. Yet my phone is connected to WiFi. what the heck.....

I've put in my SSID (Home Network) which is listed on the bottom of my router.

I'm running WPA2PSK.
Encryption type is AES. (BTW, I've also tried the reverse of these two as well.)

These settings are listed in my router profile which I can access and see.

I've typed in the DHCP range and assigned different IP's. I've went to the windows command prompt and looked up the other info.

Start > search = cmd > ipconfig > enter. I know my subnet mask and default gateway.

STILL NO LUCK!

I need to dose from my phone and be able to do things from the cloud. Please, if somebody is knowledgeable and can walk me through this please email me @ [email protected]

I have screen shots and will screen shot anything else needed. I need to get this thing up and going. If you can give me a time maybe we can talk on the phone of whatever the quickest and easiest way will be. Let me know!

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you assigned an IP address to the doser (static) or are you letting the doser choose the IP address? If you don't have it setup with a static IP it can randomly change and you loose access via the app or through GCC wirelessly.

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your post it seems like you tried using a static ip. Did you ping the IP address to make sure the doser is connected to your network?

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you assigned an IP address to the doser (static) or are you letting the doser choose the IP address? If you don't have it setup with a static IP it can randomly change and you loose access via the app or through GCC wirelessly.

I tried, but not sure if I did it correctly. Obviously I didn't. :confused:

Based on your post it seems like you tried using a static ip. Did you ping the IP address to make sure the doser is connected to your network?

Maybe I did. No I didn't ping it. How do you do that?

The message I kept getting was...."NO WIRELESS NETWORKS FOUND." No matter what I did.;Punch

When I first set it up...I was able to program and save the info and also access from my iPhone. Then the next time....Nothing. I can connect via USB though. :)

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the video. I've already watched it and did exactly what he said without any success.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still cannot access the support forum!

It's been a week now. Why will they not give me access?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked a spam filter? I have had this happen on several forums. PM Marco or Vinny

Marco is traveling on business this week also.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked a spam filter? I have had this happen on several forums. PM Marco or Vinny

Marco is traveling on business this week also.

No didn't check the spam, but one of the guys got me approved today. Got an email saying my account was activated now. ;)

I gotta work the next two nights. 12 shifts.

My next off day on the 17th I'm gonna try to get somebody to walk me through it via phone call or team viewer where they can have access to my PC and see exactly what is going on. Shouldn't take that long for somebody that knows. Usually I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff, but this one is harder than I thought. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm merely overlooking.

Today when I couldn't connect via USB like I had been, it really threw me for a loop. ticks me off!:mad:

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USB is always the com port switching to a different com port. Say from 2 to 4

I set it to auto and also tried 1,2,&5. Still nothing.

I went into device manager and then to port settings. GHL was in the dropdown tab. Just no luck.

A guy named Vinny from GHL called me. I work tonight and will call him tomorrow evening when I wake up. Hopefully he can get me up and running.

If not, I'm planning on a team viewer session with somebody so they can go in a take a look.

Marco did reach out one day but he was traveling and I was busy too. Gonna be off 3 days starting tomorrow so gonna hopefully get this done then.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that's what I'd use to see your computer. :)

Give me a call when you're ready.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back