Doser 2 - unable to connect on phone app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PhilSD211

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have opened a ticket and that process is painful... Took 3 days to hear back, another 2 days to hear a follow-up response that isn't all that helpful. =/ so figured I see if others might have insight or have the same issues.

Here's what I opened the support ticket with:
"Not sure if my doser is 2.0 or 2.1... but bought it a few years ago directly from your booth at a Reefapooluza in Orange County, CA.

Serial number 1604081064, myGHL ID 610487140... I updated to firmware 1.35 last week.

I have been having issues with connecting the doser from my Android app last month or so... If often would say unable to connect or take a long time trying to connect. I then updated the app, removed the old app and re-installed app. Same problems. So I updated the Firmware to 1.35.

Still same issue and now I'm completely unable to connect via wifi. With USB connection to laptop running GCC, everything would work except trying to find wifi network.

I have reset my wifi modem and router as well. Other devices on the network work fine. Wifi network itself works fine on all my devices/laptop/phone.

I'm wondering if the wifi chip in the Doser is dying or dead...

Please let me know how to proceed. Thank you in advanced!"

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wifi module (on the profile at least) has its own firmware. I remember having to update that at one point to solve connectivity issues. I assume @Ditto walked me through that.

Tony

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you connected over USB and checked the WiFi settings entered into the doser?
If anything here is incorrect, then the doser will not be able to connect to your network.

Have you tried pinging the IP address of the doser? What was the result?
Type-in Cmd into windows search bar and open Command prompt. Type-in ping followed by the IP address of the doser, press enter.

If you were able to connect previously and the connection was slow, then that suggests there is something else in the network which is causing interference.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back