Doser in Standalone or Slave Mode?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently bought a Standalone doser and have had it running for a few weeks with no problems. I then bought a KH director with another Standalone doser and a Profilux 4.

Now I am confused as to how best to connect them all together.

I don't quite understand why, but I know that I lose the use of the doser temp/level ports when in slave mode. What are the benefits of operating them in slave mode?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The benefit is having a single integrated control system instead of two separate devices to connect to. Either option will work, it comes down to personal preference.

If you end up wanting to connect the KHD/Doser SA set to your P4, make sure you set that SA doser to slave mode before connecting it to the P4. Write down your dosing pump calibration info and KHD settings because you will need to copy that over in the controller.

Once that is done, you can assign it to your P4.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks, presumably if the master ‘fails’ then everything connected to it will stop working? Or will they continue to dose with their current settings?

If they are all left independent, can they still all show on the same dashboard on GHL connect (I haven’t tried the app yet so don’t know how it works). For example, can I have KH graphs from a SA KH director, and temp/PH from an independent Profilux, all shown on the same dashboard page?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SA KH director, and temp/PH from an independent Profilux, all shown on the same dashboard page?
You can reach each of them from the same page but each is iis own unit with its own dashboard page.

presumably if the master ‘fails’ then everything connected to it will stop working? Or will they continue to dose with their current settings?
If the brain fail - no one will work. the commands comes from the master unit.

Sincerely Lasse

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back