Doser Recommendations

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have a Jebao doser. At the start I was pretty sure the issues were user error/set up... we had some back siphoning going on that would flood things. Hoses are now out of water and the controller is lifted. Haven't had any issue for probably close to a year.. now it looked like it siphoned again but strangly only between chems - there was no flooding... I don't see how that's possible as I thought all the valves were completely separate but my fuel went into my mag and reef A compartments and my fuel compartment was left full but clear... needless to say I don't want to waste more chemicals and I no longer trust the one we have... I'm curious what doser y'all recommend most?
I used the Apex DOS. However I also used the Bubble Magic. I cannot think of a way the Jebao 1 line could contaminate the other. In any case - you said you were done - I would just ask you to make sure that there was contamination - otherwise - depending on your $$$ APEX Dos or Bubble Magic

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao is decent but they have been known to fail. @Mschmidt had his fail twice in a day.

I've heard good things about Simplicity and GHL. Never used either. I use the Jebao 4 head and I'm pretty sure it frequently doses more than what it's set at but my levels are staying where I want them - just going through liquid faster than I feel it should be.
In jebao's defense, I gave them one strike before quitting it. I'm sure the schedule wasn't off though. Unless the was discord between the app and the manual programming. Didn't look for that.

OP
OP
NewReefAdventure

NewReefAdventure

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the Apex DOS. However I also used the Bubble Magic. I cannot think of a way the Jebao 1 line could contaminate the other. In any case - you said you were done - I would just ask you to make sure that there was contamination - otherwise - depending on your $$$ APEX Dos or Bubble Magic
Sadly definitely contamination somehow... it has 4 so either flooding and missing 3rd without overflowing or something off in valves is all I can think of. left to right: mag, reef A, reef B, fuel.. not sure how... but certainly not right.
20231025_163410.jpg

I have looked at APEX Dos before - hadn't heard of Bubble Magic, will add it to the list to research. Thanks!

Julbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had some good experience with the Red Sea ReefDose4. They’ve been solid for 2 years now. Only issue I had was the Alk line clog up at the tip while I was away. I now clean that one with Rodi once a month. I like the feature that can automatically space out doses by a configurable delay in case two schedules would clash (e.g. KH and Ca).

Mortgaged Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both the Red Sea and the Jebao. I like the features of the Red Sea but I like that I can just do a one time dose on the Jebao. I use Jebao for my AB+ 2x day and misc as needed. The Red Sea controls mainly AFR; however, and CA, MG, Sodium Hydroxide NaOH as needed. Red Sea is super easy to set up and make adjustments. Jebao is pain to change settings. It would take me an hour to post all the details but this is my 12k ft view.
IMG_7933.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back