Doser

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be the wrong spot to ask in the forum but anyways. In my 75 gallon reef I've been dosing alk 4ml it stayed st 8.6 for months. I was happy with that. Recently on Tuesday I tested it was at 8.0. Now I wanna get it to 9 so I raised it 3 more ml. To make it 7ml. Of dosing. I checked yesterday 3 days laters from raising it. It hasn't gone up yet from 8.0. I raised it another 2ml. Is this normal??? Or should I be worried something is wrong with my doser? I checked if my lines were clogged they were fine. Alk doses for me In the middle of the night. I'm going to try and stay up tonight to see if it's working. But in the past I've noticed after making the doses higher you would see it go up. But I've also have a lot coral in my tank and I'm getting a ton of coral growth so I'm not sure if this has something to do with it. My calcium was a little high at 440 so I lowered it 1 ml to bring it down.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyw
This may be the wrong spot to ask in the forum but anyways. In my 75 gallon reef I've been dosing alk 4ml it stayed st 8.6 for months. I was happy with that. Recently on Tuesday I tested it was at 8.0. Now I wanna get it to 9 so I raised it 3 more ml. To make it 7ml. Of dosing. I checked yesterday 3 days laters from raising it. It hasn't gone up yet from 8.0. I raised it another 2ml. Is this normal??? Or should I be worried something is wrong with my doser? I checked if my lines were clogged they were fine. Alk doses for me In the middle of the night. I'm going to try and stay up tonight to see if it's working. But in the past I've noticed after making the doses higher you would see it go up. But I've also have a lot coral in my tank and I'm getting a ton of coral growth so I'm not sure if this has something to do with it. My calcium was a little high at 440 so I lowered it 1 ml to bring it down.
Is there anyway to calibrate the doser to see if it lost its calibration?

I have no idea what ur doseing or the size of ur tank but I dose 22ml a day that's roughly 1.1 dkh I lose a day.

If I were you I would try to spread out the doseing over 24 hours if you can is there a reason u dose it all at once and at night?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason it posted twice

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyw

Is there anyway to calibrate the doser to see if it lost its calibration?

I have no idea what ur doseing or the size of ur tank but I dose 22ml a day that's roughly 1.1 dkh I lose a day.

If I were you I would try to spread out the doseing over 24 hours if you can is there a reason u dose it all at once and at night?

It's a 75 gallon. I dose over a 3 hour span through the night. I checked all lines to see if there was a clog but didn't find anything. I will calibrate in a couple of days if I don't see a difference. I wanna try and stay up tonight to see if my doser is actually dosing lol. Here's a pic of my tank

d85030be020453d153337fe18b39ad96.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 75 gallon. I dose over a 3 hour span through the night. I checked all lines to see if there was a clog but didn't find anything. I will calibrate in a couple of days if I don't see a difference. I wanna try and stay up tonight to see if my doser is actually dosing lol. Here's a pic of my tank

d85030be020453d153337fe18b39ad96.jpg
Can I ask why u only dose at night?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what doser do u have? And what product do u dose?

It could be ur corals settled in and started using the alk much more.

If it's not to hard I also recomend splitting up the doseing for every hour. Do alk at the 00 and calcium at the 30 i.e. 1200 dose alk 1230 calcium to keep ur alk and calcium more stable through out the day. When I started doing that my sps started growing a lot more.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also have a lot of rock and alk can be consumed by corilime algea. Looks like from the picture u have a little coraline but not a lot but once it's starts it moves fast at least in my tank it did.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also have a lot of rock and alk can be consumed by corilime algea. Looks like from the picture u have a little coraline but not a lot but once it's starts it moves fast at least in my tank it did.

I have the jebao dp4 and okay I'll switch the times up and give that a shot. I've actually notice a ton of coraline slate growth lately.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back