Dosing all for reef

Tactical Reefkeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering does it make a difference if you dose all for reef in the AIO chamber of the tank on in the front display play because I was normally doing it in the front display and I have to set up a dozer in the back thanks.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have aio (waterbox) and dose in the drain side, where the water exits the display area. I think this provides for best mixing before getting pumped back into the main display area.

OP
OP
Tactical Reefkeeping

Tactical Reefkeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like where the filter socks are the is were my hose is right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 38

LittleRhodyReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering does it make a difference if you dose all for reef in the AIO chamber of the tank on in the front display play because I was normally doing it in the front display and I have to set up a dozer in the back thanks.
On my WB 20 setup I always dose into the return chamber as it is high turn over. Works for me.

If I was to set up a dose I would do it into my return chamber.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the pre-made or mixing the powder? In either case it should not matter as it is clear when you dose it. There is no cloudy after effect nor change of water color nor any particulates.

Having said that it is probably a best practice to dose it in a high flow area. Away from filter socks, skimmer intake. It probably doesn't matter for either of those but in my case as a user of TM AFR I have the dosing line in front of my return pump intake. I dose 80 ml while lights are on and have seen no issues.

If I was dosing this in an AIO I would try and dose it in the return pump chamber. Not the media or skimmer chamber if there is one.

OP
OP
Tactical Reefkeeping

Tactical Reefkeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I dose the premade version right now I dose it with hand in front of my wave makers and returns pumps but I have to find another way sense I am going to puter Rico

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I dose the premade version right now I dose it with hand in front of my wave makers and returns pumps but I have to find another way sense I am going to puter Rico

Your spot today is great actually and as you can see it is clear. The travel part makes sense. I think I saw the picture above of your current lines. Was that in the middle chamber between overflow and return? If so that will work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back