Dosing Calcium Carbonate - Confirmation that I am doing it correctly!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I have heard one good thing after the other with regards to dosing calcium carbonate for water clarity.

Now, here's the one I got - it's a brand I had recommended by another European user here on R2R.

The dose recommended was 115 grams in 230ml osmosis water with 5 ml every evening.

Can anyone confirm this? :)

Thanks,

Screenshot_20231211-222812.png Screenshot_20231211-222757.png Screenshot_20231211-222744.png

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot an important details; I have a 135 gallon tank! :) Fairly lightly stocked with coral still ...

1000002182.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will work fine! I use 6 table spoons to 400ml of water… it doesn’t change any chemistry you can’t over dose it and it won’t hurt anything! I dosed it daily in my last tank with bacteria when I had Dino’s and it worked out great! Currently I use it twice a week with coral amino and zeobac about 50ml each dose! I’ve done way more than anyone reccomends and nothing changes but clean water lol..

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will work fine! I use 6 table spoons to 400ml of water… it doesn’t change any chemistry you can’t over dose it and it won’t hurt anything! I dosed it daily in my last tank with bacteria when I had Dino’s and it worked out great! Currently I use it twice a week with coral amino and zeobac about 50ml each dose! I’ve done way more than anyone reccomends and nothing changes but clean water lol..
Perfect! :) Thank you, appreciate it! It's a daunting thing to start doing..

What benefit do you have dosing Zeobak? I wanted to try my luck with the full Zeovit system but i panicked and went the Triton way instead.

I have seen other who recommends dosing Zeobak with calcium carbonate.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect! :) Thank you, appreciate it! It's a daunting thing to start doing..

What benefit do you have dosing Zeobak? I wanted to try my luck with the full Zeovit system but i panicked and went the Triton way instead.

I have seen other who recommends dosing Zeobak with calcium carbonate.
It coats all the surfaces with bacteria and keeps the uglies away and feeds corals..

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It coats all the surfaces with bacteria and keeps the uglies away and feeds corals..
May have a look at that! Have been looking at dosing a number of the KZ products alongside Triton.

Final question! When dosing calcium carbonate, should I leave the return pump off?

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending what you have in the sump as far as filtration you want to leave it on it’s is fluctuate I think I spelled that right. Meaning it will bind all the crud together to filter out easier.i also scrape my glass when I add. I notice once I add it to my tank my fleece roller will advance more. It definitely clears up the water.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No mechanical filtration, just my two skimmers :) Gonna let everything run and see what happens!

1000002158.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back