Dosing cipro for SPS RTN/STN and LPS recedings?

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have some on the way soon thanks to @Thuan

what's philosters dip?

Philaster Lucinda
photo1.png

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Great write up on bacteria and ciliates and how they impact coral in the study. I was hoping to have a conclusion on a remedy of treatment in this study. The hypothesis is clear. The disease is found in healthy corals and considered Opportunistic . Fluctuation in parameters ?

“Indeed, several proposed causal agents of coral disease, such as Vibrio coralliilyticus V. shiloi and V. harveyi have commonly been detected in apparently healthy coralsincreasing in abundance during disease and/or stress.

i) Bacteria are the primary causal agents, invading healthy tissue and leading to an impaired physiological condition that allows ciliate communities to invade and proliferate at the lesion boundary, consuming health-compromised coral tissues.

ii) ciliates are the causal agents and the bacterial agents identified are either pathogens that infect the host after it becomes physiologically stressed as a result of ciliate pathogenesis, or opportunistic heterotrophs invading dead and decomposing tissues. This latter hypothesis is supported by the observation that ciliates are completely absent from healthy coral and by previous studies

While bacteria may represent a systemic infection, the ciliate communities reported in this study appear to be responsible for the characteristic visible signs of PWS/BrB, namely a rapidly advancing white band of denuded skeleton.”

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Day 3 of 24ml in 240g tank . Water has been crystal clear , corals look healthy however I continue monitoring receding on goniopora base where STN is visible. Not sure if STN will stop what’s in progress time will tell..

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Coral are stagnant no more receding but too early to tell

I did notice ph has increased to levels like never before 8.5< . not sure what correlation

IMG_4874.png

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral are stagnant no more receding but too early to tell

I did notice ph has increased to levels like never before 8.5< . not sure what correlation

IMG_4874.png

Bump in pH is common. I got a .2 bump. I believe it's from the bacteria die off and less CO2 in the water afterward.

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of cipro in mail today if any reefers need help message me .
Still open to helping a fellow reefer? I’m battling BJD right now and all Cipro leads are turning up an RX needed. I have a small system so I wouldn’t need much.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Still open to helping a fellow reefer? I’m battling BJD right now and all Cipro leads are turning up an RX needed. I have a small system so I wouldn’t need much.
Here ya go my friend. Only need the one pill.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back