Dosing Liquid Sodium Silicate to fight LCA

  • Thread starter Thread starter azreef729
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

azreef729

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
185
Reaction score
221
Location
AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m going to start dosing silicates to fight the LCA in my tank. My calculation is .86ml to hit 2ppm of silicate in my tank. Without a good silicate test kit available, how often would I be dosing this and should I turn my system UV and skimmer offer while I am doing this, or does it not matter? My nutrients do not seem affected by the LCA.

Thank you
 
I’d do it a couple of times a week. The going amounts and times are not critical.

I’d keep the skimmer and uv on, and make sure nitrate and phosphate are not too low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new