Dosing Pump Placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jgill70
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jgill70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2020
Messages
553
Reaction score
107
Location
Edwardsville, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a Ecotech Versa dosing pump and was wondering about the placement. Do I mount it inside the cabinet where the sump is or outside. If mounted inside would the moisture from the sump cause a problem?
 
I have my dosing pumps inside my stand. Your stand shouldn't be sealed up, so the humidity levels shouldn't be that high. If you're concerned, you can add a small fan to your stand that draws in fresh air.
 
as the previous response mentioned, unless water has the ability to splash on it i wouldn't be too concerned about moisture.
my tank is nearly 10 years old now and for the majority of that time i've kept my apex, 2 dos pumps, an ato and the controllers for my powerheads and return pump under my stand without incident.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new