Dosing question

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers need help here. So I did some testing today my calcium is at 431 alkalinity is at 8.6. My question is should I raise the alkalinity a little bit? I have the Red Sea abc liquid foundation so if I need to raise it how much would I dos I have a 112 gallon tank much help would be appropriate thanks guys

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my ALK a shade lower than that in my SPS dominant tank. So I don’t see an urgent need to increase your ALK. Some people believe that one gets faster coral growth with moderate nutrient levels with higher ALK levels.

From my poking around, you would increase your ALK by 1 by adding about 40 ml of additive. But I would dose less and check the increase before taking these figures as reliable.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, your Calcium and Alkalinity are right smack in the middle of spot-on. If you are dosing now, keep doing what you are doing. If not, you probably don't need to yet.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my ALK a shade lower than that in my SPS dominant tank. So I don’t see an urgent need to increase your ALK. Some people believe that one gets faster coral growth with moderate nutrient levels with higher ALK levels.

From my poking around, you would increase your ALK by 1 by adding about 40 ml of additive. But I would dose less and check the increase before taking these figures as reliable.
I have a lps/softies and I usually don’t test because I do weekly water charges but I’ve been cutting back on that to every 3 weeks so I decided to test so I was just wondering if I should raise it

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your LPS and Softies do not need a raise, imo. They should be happy with your current parameter levels.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back