Dosing sodium bicarbonate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nano_Man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nano_Man

Native reefs
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
6,738
Reaction score
26,665
Location
Usa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone got information for dosing amount.
Amount of rodi water to s bicarbonate. Any help will be appreciated
 
Use this calculator and choose the amount of Alk change you want to achieve. https://reefapp.net/en/dosing-calculator. Normally you use sodium bicarb to raise alkalinity to some point. You wouldn’t dose it. For that I’d suggest using the alk component of a two part system or soda ash. The calculator above can be used for that too
 
Upvote 0
Use this calculator and choose the amount of Alk change you want to achieve. https://reefapp.net/en/dosing-calculator. Normally you use sodium bicarb to raise alkalinity to some point. You wouldn’t dose it. For that I’d suggest using the alk component of a two part system or soda ash. The calculator above can be used for that too
Thanks my friend
 
Upvote 0
Thanks my friend

What are you trying to achieve?

I give diy two part recipes in a number of places, and baking soda may not always be your best bet.
 
Upvote 0
Ph boost and raise alk a touch.
 
Upvote 0
I've had good ph . But I started dosing vinger too bring nitrate down a touch . But ph has dropped a lot. So I am looking for a method that will raise ph back up. On hand I have kalk and sodium bicarbonate ( baking soda). I would love to think I could put it in my top off water by doser. Any help or a straight forward method would be appreciated. Thank you all
 
Upvote 0
Sodium Bicarbonate is not a pH booster. It lowers it a bit in seawater. If you want an alk additive that also
boosts pH, you need sodium carbonate, or stronger yet, sodium hydroxide.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Randy
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new