OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, dosing based on calcium or alk demand is often not appropriate since the main users of many trace elements may be organisms that use little to no calcium or alkalinity (soft corals, macroalgae, microalgae, ATS, etc.).
Shouldnt the companies recommend dosing per coral/fish instead of per gallon/liter.. ;)

محمد شهاب الدين

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
مالجرعه المناسبه للعناصر النذره مقارنه بالكالسيوم

Google Translation: What is the appropriate dose of trace elements compared to calcium?

Last edited by a moderator:

محمد شهاب الدين

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
هذه بداية جيدة. الوصفة التي أعدها هانز فيرنر بنفسه في أواخر التسعينيات ، تعمل هذه الوصفة بشكل متوازن مع إضافة alk و cal المدرجة في الوصفة.

CF09DD2B-E88C-47A4-9054-8E265BCF2EFE.jpeg
يذكر أنه تم استخدام 243.45 جرام من كلوريد السترونشيوم. هل هذا الرقم صحيح؟

Google Translation: It is reported that 243.45 grams of strontium chloride were used. Is this number correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@

محمد شهاب الدين

ترجمة Google: لغة هذا المنتدى هي الإنجليزية. إذا لم تكن متحدثًا أصليًا للغة الإنجليزية ، فابذل قصارى جهدك. يسعدنا انضمامك إلينا وسنكون مؤدبين وداعمين.

Google Translation: The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

Nate’sTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He or she has also not been on the site in 5 years, so is unlikely to respond.
So I've gone through many of your threads and see everyone making the separately. When compared to say red sea abcd when they have it combined, if I combined the ones like potassium and boron, will I have issues with longevity or anything of that sort or should they be okay with long-term storage? I had a hard time understanding which traces you can combine and which ones do not work well together.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've gone through many of your threads and see everyone making the separately. When compared to say red sea abcd when they have it combined, if I combined the ones like potassium and boron, will I have issues with longevity or anything of that sort or should they be okay with long-term storage? I had a hard time understanding which traces you can combine and which ones do not work well together.

It's a complex question that I can answer one by one, or you can generally mimic something like Tropic Marin A and K (two separate solutions).

As a rule, potassium chloride can mix with anything.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back