Dots

  • Thread starter Thread starter gparr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
20
Location
NW Chicago Suburbs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthid colony, six-image stack, shot at Midwest Saltwater

mwszoanthid6stack01.jpg
 
Very nice lookin pic. I am gonna have to learn how to do this stacking thing. Is it hard to do? What special software is needed for it?
Thanks
Dave and Lisa
 
Great looking pic... I need to upgrade from my crappy P&S camera :(
 
That turned out fantastic Gary! Wouldn't you know I forgot to get the frag of that piece!
 
Awesome photos!
 
Thanks to all.

Underwater: Is it hard to do? That's rather relative. Given an ability to understand and control depth of field and to consistently produce properly exposed and in-focus images, it's rather easy to do. If you can't deliver good quality single-shot images, stacking is just going to accentuate any flaws and probably result in a mess. I'm not sure what your skill level is and don't mean to insult you, but I don't want you to be deceived.

You need software to do the stacking. I use Helicon Focus. There might be other packages on the market, but I've not researched them so I don't know for sure. Helicon Focus gives a 30-day trial so you can give it a try to see what results you get.

It's fun to do and there's no harm in trying. After all, it's only data. If you don't like the results, hit delete.

Gary
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new