Double bagging?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DanConnor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
1,131
Location
Albany NY area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there some trick to double bagging quickly with the same size bags? It takes me forever fumbling around, and it is pretty difficult. I underinflate the inner bag, but how to people triple bag? I do put an airline inside, which helps marginally.
 
I only double bagged a few times in my life, and my memory doesn't serve me too well bc I was pretty banged up at the Hong Kong Club in Tijuana - now triple baggin' - that would be a first for me.
Cant go to Tijuana no more more more
 
You can Bag fish and before sealing/tying bag, please it into another bag then tie it
 
You can Bag fish and before sealing/tying bag, please it into another bag then tie it
Yeah- but when I receive corals they are always sent with opposite ends down. Not that it matters particularly, I just would like to understand how its done. My bags won't shove in.
 
Yeah- but when I receive corals they are always sent with opposite ends down. Not that it matters particularly, I just would like to understand how its done. My bags won't shove in.
Yes, that is in case it leaks, water is collected. You want to go opposite
 
I only double bagged a few times in my life, and my memory doesn't serve me too well bc I was pretty banged up at the Hong Kong Club in Tijuana - now triple baggin' - that would be a first for me.
I mean I have a feeling you’re joking, but double bagging it in the context you’re talking about is so much less safe than single bagging it.
 
This is a mystery to me as well. I just got a box in that was tripled and each bag opposite the other.

I couldn't figure out how to do it so I picked up an impulse sealer. Might have been the best $30 I spent on the hobby last yr.
 
Tie first bag, flip it upside down start sliding second bag up. First bag should be dry. Squeeze air out of second bag, pull rest of way up, tie. I can make a video tomorrow at work if you want.
 
I mean I have a feeling you’re joking, but double bagging it in the context you’re talking about is so much less safe than single bagging it.

Honestly, if you are worried about shipping your fish somewhere with that much risk, it might be safer not to ship it at all, and simply enjoy the fish in your own home. With a close friend if you have one, but alone is fine too.

A lot of people would also recommend that you talk to their Mexican aquatic maintenance guy (I believe his name is Jesus), but I’ve personally never managed to find him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new