Double bagging?

DanConnor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there some trick to double bagging quickly with the same size bags? It takes me forever fumbling around, and it is pretty difficult. I underinflate the inner bag, but how to people triple bag? I do put an airline inside, which helps marginally.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can Bag fish and before sealing/tying bag, please it into another bag then tie it

OP
OP
DanConnor

DanConnor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can Bag fish and before sealing/tying bag, please it into another bag then tie it
Yeah- but when I receive corals they are always sent with opposite ends down. Not that it matters particularly, I just would like to understand how its done. My bags won't shove in.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah- but when I receive corals they are always sent with opposite ends down. Not that it matters particularly, I just would like to understand how its done. My bags won't shove in.
Yes, that is in case it leaks, water is collected. You want to go opposite

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only double bagged a few times in my life, and my memory doesn't serve me too well bc I was pretty banged up at the Hong Kong Club in Tijuana - now triple baggin' - that would be a first for me.
I mean I have a feeling you’re joking, but double bagging it in the context you’re talking about is so much less safe than single bagging it.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a mystery to me as well. I just got a box in that was tripled and each bag opposite the other.

I couldn't figure out how to do it so I picked up an impulse sealer. Might have been the best $30 I spent on the hobby last yr.

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tie first bag, flip it upside down start sliding second bag up. First bag should be dry. Squeeze air out of second bag, pull rest of way up, tie. I can make a video tomorrow at work if you want.

RuuToo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I have a feeling you’re joking, but double bagging it in the context you’re talking about is so much less safe than single bagging it.

Honestly, if you are worried about shipping your fish somewhere with that much risk, it might be safer not to ship it at all, and simply enjoy the fish in your own home. With a close friend if you have one, but alone is fine too.

A lot of people would also recommend that you talk to their Mexican aquatic maintenance guy (I believe his name is Jesus), but I’ve personally never managed to find him.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back