Double Checking ID's of These Corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Squishie89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
3,080
Reaction score
243
Location
Rockville, MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told this is a Colt coral. Seems accurate, but just wanted to be sure. While I have this here, I have that coral in a hole. Will it attach itself to the rock or do I need to glue it? It has been there since day 1 for about 2 months.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was told this was a cup coral, which it doesn't seem to be. Can't figure out if it is a candy cane or trumpet. Should I do anything about the head getting squished, or will they work it out?


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
+1 on the second pic.

First pic could be colt corals or Kenya tree, if it grows bigger and it's starting to fragged itself then it's a Kenya tree, otherwise colt corals (as colts don't frag itself).
 
LOL I've been barraged with Kenya trees in the past 48 hours, the new 210g tank was full of them. I'm positive it's a colt.
 
Thanks so much guys, really appreciate it. At first the colt was growing like a weed, but he has slowed down. The candy canes had a rough first week when my (now former) cowrie snacked on them, but as you can see, they have rebounded and then some. The one that is almost split was a 2 mouthed head when I got it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new