Doubts regarding 34g stock list

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by bibhor, Mar 7, 2018.

1. bibhor

bibhor New Member

First of all i want to thank all r2r community because all their participation hels a lot to the newcomers!

I would like to know your opinion regarding what to add next. At this moment i have:

- 1x royal gramma
    - 1x flame hawkfish
    - 1x flamebackangelfiwh

in a. 34 g DT. I would like to add some other fish but I am not sure which of the next options could work better:

1- 1 of 3 chromis viridis, this is a fish that I really like specially for the colour. I am not sure if 3 is more convenient to balance the fact that hawkfisf and dwarf angelfish are/could be semiagreesive, or is it pushing the stock too much...

2- 1 pink flasher i am not sure about this wrasse in my tank what is your opinion; i ve read in some places that needs more room while in others it was suggested?

Some alternative that i am thinking about it: meiachantus nigrolineatus (blackline fangblenny), yellowtail damselfish.

Thanks for your advice!

Tags:

2. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Moderator With Training Wheels Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2018 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Wouldn't do a flame angel in a 34 honestly. They need at least a 4 foot tank. Preferably a 55. The flame hawkish and royal gramma would be fine though. Maybe look into some kind of goby for the other fish :)

tdileo likes this.
  3. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I would probably do one Chromis in that tank, rather than three, and for the wrasse, take a look at possum wrasses (Wetmorella), which stay small and maneuver in and out of the rockwork. Maybe take a look at some of the Stonogobiops shrimpgobies, such as the high-fin red-banded goby, or a green-banded goby as well - again, they stay small, but are entertaining. (And if you go for the shrimpgoby, a compatible pistol shrimp, too!)

~Bruce

eatbreakfast and Crabs Mcjones like this.
  4. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Partner Member 2018 Expert Contributor Partner Member

In a 3rg, I agree with Bruce about only doing 1 chromis.

I am a believer in flasher wrasses needing more space. Wetmorella and pink streak wrasses are great.

The fang blenny is an excellent choice.

5. bibhor

bibhor New Member

Thanks a lot for your opinion. I will try then with one chromis and one wrasse of the suggested for sure. Considering this stock will it be possible to add someday a blenny too or a goby or that will be too much?

Regarding the acanthops it was a recommendation of my lfs, i ve seen that normally it is recommended 50gal, although some person says that it can be also in 30gal... It has been in my tank for 6-7 months and seems fine, but if I see it stressing I will not hesitate to trade it.

Best regards, and thanks once more

eatbreakfast and Crabs Mcjones like this.
  6. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

Keep an eye on your nutrient levels - if you can feed your fish as much as they need, and your tank is keeping nitrate and phosphate where you need it, a smaller goby or blenny should be OK.

~Bruce

Crabs Mcjones and eatbreakfast like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted