Doubts regarding 34g stock list

bibhor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all i want to thank all r2r community because all their participation hels a lot to the newcomers!

I would like to know your opinion regarding what to add next. At this moment i have:

- 1x royal gramma
- 1x flame hawkfish
- 1x flamebackangelfiwh

in a. 34 g DT. I would like to add some other fish but I am not sure which of the next options could work better:

1- 1 of 3 chromis viridis, this is a fish that I really like specially for the colour. I am not sure if 3 is more convenient to balance the fact that hawkfisf and dwarf angelfish are/could be semiagreesive, or is it pushing the stock too much...

2- 1 pink flasher i am not sure about this wrasse in my tank what is your opinion; i ve read in some places that needs more room while in others it was suggested?

Some alternative that i am thinking about it: meiachantus nigrolineatus (blackline fangblenny), yellowtail damselfish.

Thanks for your advice!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all i want to thank all r2r community because all their participation hels a lot to the newcomers!

I would like to know your opinion regarding what to add next. At this moment i have:

- 1x royal gramma
- 1x flame hawkfish
- 1x flamebackangelfiwh

in a. 34 g DT. I would like to add some other fish but I am not sure which of the next options could work better:

1- 1 of 3 chromis viridis, this is a fish that I really like specially for the colour. I am not sure if 3 is more convenient to balance the fact that hawkfisf and dwarf angelfish are/could be semiagreesive, or is it pushing the stock too much...

2- 1 pink flasher i am not sure about this wrasse in my tank what is your opinion; i ve read in some places that needs more room while in others it was suggested?

Some alternative that i am thinking about it: meiachantus nigrolineatus (blackline fangblenny), yellowtail damselfish.

Thanks for your advice!
Wouldn't do a flame angel in a 34 honestly. They need at least a 4 foot tank. Preferably a 55. The flame hawkish and royal gramma would be fine though. Maybe look into some kind of goby for the other fish :)

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I would probably do one Chromis in that tank, rather than three, and for the wrasse, take a look at possum wrasses (Wetmorella), which stay small and maneuver in and out of the rockwork. Maybe take a look at some of the Stonogobiops shrimpgobies, such as the high-fin red-banded goby, or a green-banded goby as well - again, they stay small, but are entertaining. (And if you go for the shrimpgoby, a compatible pistol shrimp, too!)

~Bruce

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 3rg, I agree with Bruce about only doing 1 chromis.

I am a believer in flasher wrasses needing more space. Wetmorella and pink streak wrasses are great.

The fang blenny is an excellent choice.

OP
OP
B

bibhor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for your opinion. I will try then with one chromis and one wrasse of the suggested for sure. Considering this stock will it be possible to add someday a blenny too or a goby or that will be too much?

Regarding the acanthops it was a recommendation of my lfs, i ve seen that normally it is recommended 50gal, although some person says that it can be also in 30gal... It has been in my tank for 6-7 months and seems fine, but if I see it stressing I will not hesitate to trade it.

Best regards, and thanks once more

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back