downsized to a 60 cube rimless!

MrGemini

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2013
Messages
128
Reaction score
60
Location
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are a few pic's of my 60g Rimless Cube!
20150903_151754.jpg
20150903_152048.jpg
 
Looks good! So what did you downsize from?
 
From a 125g 6' tank with dual overflows and a 6' MH fixture with 3x 250w 14k phenoix bulbs
 
That is a downsize! Well the cube is looking great!
 
Right now its an AI nano. Seems ok but think i need more lighting for better coral growth in sand bed.
 
I'd go with a bigger light for better coverage and less shadowing. Go easy on the PAR though with LED compared to your old MH setup. You only need around 230 give or take for stonies.
 
I'd go with a bigger light for better coverage and less shadowing. Go easy on the PAR though with LED compared to your old MH setup. You only need around 230 give or take for stonies.
Look who it is!!! Miss you man.

And I definitely agree with a bigger light!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new