Dr foster smith Vortech deal

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get any discount at all on ecotech and you don't want to buy used, go for it! Once in a blue moon they will discount part of their lineup, but don't count on it! BRS had to talk them into discounting the mp40 and xr15 pros, like pulling teeth. Ecotech has one of the strictest MAP policies in the hobby. I wouldn't be surprised if Ecotech shuts down what DFS is doing, or they will just run out of stock and that will be the end.

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered a stand on Sunday but it is not showing up in my account as ordered. the salt I ordered yesterday is in there as recent order. I emailed them asking about it. they took the money but nothing else yet

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a stand on Sunday but it is not showing up in my account as ordered. the salt I ordered yesterday is in there as recent order. I emailed them asking about it. they took the money but nothing else yet

No confirmation or tracking number?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ecotech diffusers and ecotech power supply holders are on their way. Will be here Thursday. Figured I might as well save a little bit on them. I've been putting off ordering these items. Not very exciting for $200.

Ayways, the code appeared to go through fine and they are en route.

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No confirmation or tracking number?
I got emails of confirmation when i made the order but when i made an account nothing linked up with it. just the salt I ordered yesterday. i sent an email. hopefully it wasnt cancelled. Mine wasnt huge savings either for them to maybe stop it. was only $21 savings.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to get another 360x but it charged me tax for Ohio as well (the janrx15 coupon worked)

I’ll just wait for a 10x pts at BRS

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to get another 360x but it charged me tax for Ohio as well (the janrx15 coupon worked)

I’ll just wait for a 10x pts at BRS

I don't think they do points on MAP products. I wish they did, but BRS always follows the rules. :(

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well just chatted with them. it is being drop shipped and said it lokos like it should be shipping out today. So i guess thats why nothing showed up. but it wasnt cancelled. so thats good

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think they do points on MAP products. I wish they did, but BRS always follows the rules. :(
isnt points just store credit? I dont see why it wouldnt work for MAP. you are still paying the full price just using the store credit to bring down the cost. Feel like its the same as a gift card
on the live chat yesterday they gave a guy who had ALL ecotech in his cart that was $1800 credit of $500 to put towards it. Thats basically same as points I believe so they should work

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think they could get by doing that, but the manufacturers don't allow it. It's not just BRS, it's all of the retailers. I also don't understand why you can't get the points, even if you can only use them on non map purchses? Here's a list of BRS preferred reefer points exemptions...

Screenshot_20190115-091253_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thats dumb. I never understood the map BS. They are still selling your product. I honestly cant stand Ecotech in that aspect that they act like apple and dont ever offer discounts and have that nose turned up on high horse attitude.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats dumb. I never understood the map crap. They are still selling your product. I honestly cant stand Ecotech in that aspect that they act like apple and dont ever offer discounts and have that nose turned up on high horse attitude.

Yep. It's frustrsting for sure, other companies almost always have 15% or more at least one time a year. Another one of the problems is that BRS has gotten so large that whatever they set with the manufacturers for the big black friday sales, is what the other smaller retailers have to abide by. If that's going to be how it works going forward, then BRS and the MAP manufacturers really need to work out some good deals throughout the year to keep their customers happy. If the MAP manufacturers see another retailer offering a better deal they will shut it down. Whatever BRS does is all that they can do. I like BRS, but it is a little frustrating.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah I think you are right, I got my Orphek Atlantik on a 10x pt weekend but that isn’t included in normal map pricing rules. I guess I will just wait for 15% off coupon on eBay. I’d prefer to support BRS but oh well.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back