• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr. Reef's Quarantined Fish (100% Recommend!!!!!)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, FYI, I ordered a quarantined Springeri Damsel from you back just before Xmas, along with some other fish.... No issues with any of the fish as far as health. All fish all arrived in great shape and eating like pigs and went right into my DT.

But I've now had several people see my fish and tell me that it isn't a Springeri. They are telling me its a regular Cyanea. Unfortunately, I think they are right.

I wanted a springeri because they are supposed to be the peaceful damsels.... apparently the cyanea... are not peaceful.

if you have a tank full of these guys, might want to check into it. Pretty sure I got a plain blue cyanea and not a springeri.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, FYI, I ordered a quarantined Springeri Damsel from you back just before Xmas, along with some other fish.... No issues with any of the fish as far as health. All fish all arrived in great shape and eating like pigs and went right into my DT.

But I've now had several people see my fish and tell me that it isn't a Springeri. They are telling me its a regular Cyanea. Unfortunately, I think they are right.

I wanted a springeri because they are supposed to be the peaceful damsels.... apparently the cyanea... are not peaceful.

if you have a tank full of these guys, might want to check into it. Pretty sure I got a plain blue cyanea and not a springeri.
I will look into it and if that happens to be true ill replace your fish at no cost. Ill be back to work on Monday.

Bato367

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to take some time and highlight Mike (Dr. Reef)

From the very start, Mike was very communicative. Even with Covid, moving locations and a bacterial outbreak, he was always very responsive. I even changed my order several times after placing it, and he always made sure I saw the change and even combined orders so I did not have to pay extra shipping. Something I have not personally seen from any other fish supplier.

Unfortunately one of my fish arrived DOA, but it was a Blue Hippo Tang, which are very difficult fish to ship. Mike was very apologetic and gave me a prompt refund, which I also have never personally seen from anywhere else.

I will definitely be ordering from Mike again in the future and 100% recommend anyone else in the hobby to give this man your business!
Excellent! I just placed my first order with him @Dr. Reef Chatted a bit through his chatbot with him. Good guy and a great business it seems. Was happy to support him. Can’t wait for my awesome fish for my Reefer!

Bato367

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Had a springerii once. Beautiful fish but very shy. Took mine about 40 days to emerge from hiding in a Red Sea 130D. Great once he came out though.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty sure this isn't a Springeri.... looks like a cyanea.
It was order # 20QF1697.
20211223_234000.jpg

Last edited:

rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dr. Reef i’m waiting on some replacement inverts and One fish we discussed several months ago and two fish we had discussed three weeks ago. Been trying to get a hold of you via phone, and email. All the emails I’m receiving back are non-informative.

would you please reach out to me as soon as possible. I’m trying to decide if I’m going to go another route with the fish.

Order #20QF1962​

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dr. Reef i’m waiting on some replacement inverts and One fish we discussed several months ago and two fish we had discussed three weeks ago. Been trying to get a hold of you via phone, and email. All the emails I’m receiving back are non-informative.

would you please reach out to me as soon as possible. I’m trying to decide if I’m going to go another route with the fish.
Left a voice mail I'll call in few again

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Mike! Just wanted to swing by and remind you how awesome I think you are. Thanks for being so understanding and always willing to go above and beyond to make a happy customer. Going on two years purchasing fish exclusively from you. Will continue to make all my purchases from you.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike! Just wanted to swing by and remind you how awesome I think you are. Thanks for being so understanding and always willing to go above and beyond to make a happy customer. Going on two years purchasing fish exclusively from you. Will continue to make all my purchases from you.
Thank you and I appreciate your support.
It hurts me that I can't satisfy everyone but sometimes you have to draw a line.
Anyways I thank you.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back