Dr reefs quarantined fish

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having a hard time with fish from local fish stores lately mainly getting something to eat. Lost two dwarf angels so far trying almost everything in my arsenal to get them to be interested I know some of these fish can be finicky but I’d really like to find a good place to get fish. I saw dr reef has “conditioned” fish which caught my eye because I’d still like to QT a fish the way I do it but if a fish is conditioned and eating well from the start it would be much easier on me. Reaching out to see everyone’s experience with Dr Reef and any thoughts or suggestions out there.

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike has been awesome with me. Fish come in fat and healthy. Any issues at all with an order or fish has been resolved immediately. His customer service is the best.

David
Do you buy the quarantined fish or conditioned?

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr reefs has excellent customer service. Been through four orders with them myself. Regular DoA can and will happen often unfortunately, and you should expect a long wait if you want something not in stock. Good to work with on replacements and quick communication too.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, don't bother sending an email or pm on here. You get a generic mailer response. If you can't be bothered to answer any email or pm on a site you advertise on, then no deal as any contact after sale will be useless

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, don't bother sending an email or pm on here. You get a generic mailer response. If you can't be bothered to answer any email or pm on a site you advertise on, then no deal as any contact after sale will be useless
They had issues early on with communication but that has been resolved. As of recent emails get answered within a day.

4 orders so far with Mike. Majority of fish have been eating and healthy on day 1. For the odd casualty their DOA policy is the best in the business, double so for quarantined fish.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had issues early on with communication but that has been resolved. As of recent emails get answered within a day.

4 orders so far with Mike. Majority of fish have been eating and healthy on day 1. For the odd casualty their DOA policy is the best in the business, double so for quarantined fish.
My email was met with a generic mailer response, not an actual email responding to my questions about shipping this time of year. So I'll take my money elsewhere.

Hi
Thank you for your interest.

Best is to call.
Best days/times to call: Mon thru Fri (2pm-8pm) central

918-964-3333

Any questions regarding pre order, or after sales questions, changes, additions, cancelations etc please call the days and timings mentioned above.

For quotes only:
[email protected]

Claims(doa/guarantee) only:
[email protected]

For All doas, pics, or guarantee related communication, please use this email address.
Thank you
Mike Dr. Reef

Note: PM's are not monitored

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My email was met with a generic mailer response, not an actual email responding to my questions about shipping this time of year. So I'll take my money elsewhere.

Hi
Thank you for your interest.

Best is to call.
Best days/times to call: Mon thru Fri (2pm-8pm) central

918-964-3333

Any questions regarding pre order, or after sales questions, changes, additions, cancelations etc please call the days and timings mentioned above.

For quotes only:
[email protected]

Claims(doa/guarantee) only:
[email protected]

For All doas, pics, or guarantee related communication, please use this email address.
Thank you
Mike Dr. Reef

Note: PM's are not monitored
Understandable, but ordering quarantined fish is a patience game. The auto-response does say best to call. Earlier this year Mike employed a call center to help with simple email/phone questions - perhaps they’re a little busy around this time of year.

Ive been beyond satisfied and know that when I place an order I don’t expect any communication until apprx 30 days later when he sends an invoice and lets me know the fish will ship the next week.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable, but ordering quarantined fish is a patience game. The auto-response does say best to call. Earlier this year Mike employed a call center to help with simple email/phone questions - perhaps they’re a little busy around this time of year.

Ive been beyond satisfied and know that when I place an order I don’t expect any communication until apprx 30 days later when he sends an invoice and lets me know the fish will ship the next week.
Except it takes less time to respond to an email than a phone call. Also, am I supposed to get accurate information from calling a call center, you'd be lucky if they speak understandable English

kbnh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a not so great experience with dr reefs from an order in February this year. My order took 3-4 months with no updates along the way, was short two fish, had a bunch of CUC arrive dead(out of 10 nassarius snails ordered there were only 4, the other 6 shells were empty) , and though I can't say for sure that it was a fish from them that brought in ich because I introduced a tang after I quarantined it along with the new fish I ordered, it was a fish from them that showed the first signs of ich. On his site it shows fish that are easily acquired and available to ship in a week, all the fish I purchased had that on his site, it took 3 months!

They refunded the fish that never came saying one was not healthy enough to ship(fair and understandable) and I think maybe the other was just not available even though the site said it was?

They credited the dead CUC without any issues.

I want to recommend his store and I honestly would like to purchase from them again because their prices are fair and it seems like others have a positive experience recently but I can't deny that my experience was sub par overall and left a bad taste in my mouth. In that much time I could've quarantined the fish myself for a much less cost but I was trying to avoid the effort.

christyj3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having a hard time with fish from local fish stores lately mainly getting something to eat. Lost two dwarf angels so far trying almost everything in my arsenal to get them to be interested I know some of these fish can be finicky but I’d really like to find a good place to get fish. I saw dr reef has “conditioned” fish which caught my eye because I’d still like to QT a fish the way I do it but if a fish is conditioned and eating well from the start it would be much easier on me. Reaching out to see everyone’s experience with Dr Reef and any thoughts or suggestions out there.
I made my very first purchase from Dr. Reef's on November 25th. My order is being shipped overnight TOMORROW! :face-savoring-food: I'm super excited to receive them. I'll keep you in mind and let you know how it goes. This is my first time purchasing online, so I'm really nervous. The Dr. Reef team have been SO, SO patient with all of my questions and concerns. They've been extremely responsive and helpful. I'm looking forward to making my next order if this goes well. I ordered pre-quarantined fish.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made my very first purchase from Dr. Reef's on November 25th. My order is being shipped overnight TOMORROW! :face-savoring-food: I'm super excited to receive them. I'll keep you in mind and let you know how it goes. This is my first time purchasing online, so I'm really nervous. The Dr. Reef team have been SO, SO patient with all of my questions and concerns. They've been extremely responsive and helpful. I'm looking forward to making my next order if this goes well. I ordered pre-quarantined fish.
Check the SG in the bag on arrival. Mine came in Way low at 1.019.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Dr Reef. Got 3 fish for my nanos. DOA tailspot blenny was refunded and replaced quickly and reasonably.

Sometimes you get better service from places when you call. Sometimes email is better. Wait for this latest generation to become business owners--maybe you'll get fastest service sending a Tik Tok video. Mike has another business he runs too, and I know he had some work to do dealing with increasing volume for QT fish, so I would say try your best to keep the lines of communication open from the start and hope for the best--great fish!

dannyboy92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've ordered from dr. reef 4 times and have no complaints. my orders came within a few weeks and emails were always responded to within the same day or next. will always buy my fish and cuc from dr. reef

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be a lot of DOA talk here. Is there a reason for the DOA? Temp problems? Poor shipping procedures? Sick fish? Would be interested in knowing more details. THanks.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really happy to hear most of you have had good experience with me. Clients that didn't have a good experience, I apologize to you and learn from the mistakes made to better myself.

Regarding generic PM auto response. I am on at least a dozen websites. I run 2 businesses apart from qtying fish. I tried answering all emails, pm and posts but it's not possible in my capacity that is why I hired a call center that answers all emails and calls. This is why I have an auto response so all questions come to 1 place where they can be addressed to in a timely manner.

If i am to give access to every reef site, forum, thread, platform etc i will have to raise my prices as call center will have to hire more poeple and put more hours in.

All answers you receive from my call center are personally dictated by me. They call me every 2 to 3 hours with all the questions and calls/emails they have received and I dictate them answers personally.
This works for best as everyone gets their answer at 1 platform and keeps cost and overheads low which is how I can maintain my prices. Hobby is expensive as is for enough.

Anyways thank for all your posts good or bad as I look at them as learning opportunity.
Thank you all for your support.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kbn
I apologize for your not good experience. I am not sure why it took long. If yiu can pm me your order # I can look into it more in detail.
In order to make you a satisfactory client I encourage you to place an order and give us a 2nd chance and I will compensate you fairly well.

Back