OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy to report that my tank is on its way! It’s been a saga due to 8020, delays and covid issues, but soon it will be here!!! I got my new verticle supports, and had to modify the stand a little bit, but I am glad to be moving forward.
4EC77BF6-1DF5-47C0-83EB-108FB5F9BEDF.jpeg

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see this 1.5in RFG running on your tank. The 1.5 in Random Flow Generator® Nozzle is a monster in terms of the flow it can create.

If you have any questions when you get it - please do not hesitate to call or email us
Awesome! I have 8 more 1" RFG's for my Closed loop! I am looking forward to he challenge of aquascaping to hide them all ;)

Thanks for being amazing to work with!

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Painting, water change station done, plumbing for water change tanks done, and light rack under way. Trying to get ready for the tank delivery next week.
3899ACFF-E77E-4A68-A33F-56F4D956F346.jpeg
73F1A3A7-6762-4269-9BA0-87C8D3B4C40A.jpeg
322342B8-7912-4B22-B3A9-E8305002404B.jpeg

Last edited:

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closed loop @Vivid Creative Aquatics 9 1” tips and 1 1.5” white return nozzle, the small one in the middle is a locline unit from my old tank, so I may use it in the frag tank. Excellent work! Thank you for the IG shout out too!
BAF2B1F7-E8EE-49BE-96C1-A9D7E9AEE13A.jpeg
That is an Impressive lineup - I seriously can't wait to see the flow these create ion this tank.

How will this break out with the 3 (one return, two closed loop) Abyzz A200s you have listed in the equipment list?

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an Impressive lineup - I seriously can't wait to see the flow these create ion this tank.

How will this break out with the 3 (one return, two closed loop) Abyzz A200s you have listed in the equipment list?
I am excited to see the flow too!

The plan now is to have the two nozzles per return outlet, (i have thought of 4 in the first outlet towards the middle of the tank, but we shall see) i have a total of 4 -1" outlets so i plan to T them off, but to be honest i am curious to see how this all comes together myself! ha ha

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank gets to my movers receiving warehouse tomorrow, i am going to try and be there to inspect it, so i hope this all comes together nicely, I can relax once the tank is on my stand, lol

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up Festool buddy? :cool:
I honestly believe they make amazing wood working products! The track saw has replaced my table saw, I use the domino every chance i get, i love that thing! I haven't replaced my table saw yet, but after this build gets going, we shall see if i get a new table saw next year, lol

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was finally able to connect my filtration for my RODI unit, so let’s hope there are no leaks on my water tanks that I made!!
F0AEBF87-A4AA-4106-A12A-666D90ACBA0D.jpeg

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E2FB31BA-6B0D-493D-9833-AB02868FFDDB.jpeg

I realized I hadn’t posted pictures of my completed water tanks, lol looks like I’ll have to take more pictures! I’ll take some tomorrow

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E2FB31BA-6B0D-493D-9833-AB02868FFDDB.jpeg

I realized I hadn’t posted pictures of my completed water tanks, lol looks like I’ll have to take more pictures! I’ll take some tomorrow

How did you waterproof those tanks with the Pond Armor? Did you caulk the seams or anything special? Wonder if I could get away with one kit for 36x24x24 or so box.

You gave me a great idea to fit a custom-built box for saltwater storage under the slope of the staircase near my tank.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you waterproof those tanks with the Pond Armor? Did you caulk the seams or anything special? Wonder if I could get away with one kit for 36x24x24 or so box.

You gave me a great idea to fit a custom-built box for saltwater storage under the slope of the staircase near my tank.
I did use the white pond armor kit, I would do two kits for that size tank. However i severely underestimated how much i would need with my tanks too. So dont take my word as Gospel, lol.

I did not caulk the seems, instead i used fiberglass, and then the pond armor epoxy soaks into the seems with the fiber glass making it super tight. on the pond armor youtube channel they have a brief "how to" video, and also the King of DIY youtube channel shows how he did it too.

I customized these tanks as i wanted a usable work surface on top of the water tanks, instead of wasted space above and around the water tanks.

As you can see I installed my RODI kit on top of the RO tank and am planning on a QT station on top of the Salt water tank, at least that is the plan for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i also recorded some of the process, and will make my own video soon, but if you wanted something to watch right now, is why i recommended the other video channels.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update the RO water tank started to leak at the bulk head, after closer inspection i feel it is because the rubber gasket was not able to get a completely smooth surface behind it, So i filled the area with silicone to provide a stronger/better seal for the bulk heads. I also did the same thing for the Salt tank, just to be sure. I will let the silicone cure for 2-3 days then try again with filling it up. I think it should be fine now after the silicone work. (crossing fingers)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back