Dragons final breath?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EEE1986
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EEE1986

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2024
Messages
101
Reaction score
32
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Accidentally spiked salinity to 40ppt and Mg to 2000+ due to reliance on ChatGPT for calculating my Mg dosing. Lost pretty much all my trochus snails and this morning my dragons breath looks bleached out. I am gradually dropping the salinity back to its normal range of 35ppt but was curious whether my macro algae has a chance at recovery or whether I should just throw it away to avoid it decomposing in my tank? On the bright side, all my corals look brighter than ever and my dinos seem to have more or less dissipated.
20251120_135711_9FD5E6F7-2F65-4D2E-ABDB-DD83E979BE2A.png
 
Accidentally spiked salinity to 40ppt and Mg to 2000+ due to reliance on ChatGPT for calculating my Mg dosing. Lost pretty much all my trochus snails and this morning my dragons breath looks bleached out. I am gradually dropping the salinity back to its normal range of 35ppt but was curious whether my macro algae has a chance at recovery or whether I should just throw it away to avoid it decomposing in my tank? On the bright side, all my corals look brighter than ever and my dinos seem to have more or less dissipated.
20251120_135711_9FD5E6F7-2F65-4D2E-ABDB-DD83E979BE2A.png
White light, please.

When red macroalgaes die, I see an iridescent orange under white light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new