Dream Tank DIY Pre-Build - Mixing Station - Outside Air - Waste Water Drain - And More

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Translucent bins with labels? Man, that takes all the fun out of it. When storing stuff, I prefer using opaque bins without labels and my memory. This way, when I'm looking for something, I generally find it in the last bin. After looking in the first couple of bins my blood pressure begins to rise and, by the last bin, I'm full blown ticked off with vessell-popping blood pressure. I mean, it's basically like doing a full-on sprint for about a 10k without the hassle of training, buying running gear or signing up and having to pay to race. Once I have calmed, I can usually be heard mumbling something about remembering to get clear bins and a labeling machine. Of course, about 10 minutes later, or once I see something shiny, I promptly forget everything and the process starts anew the next time I'm looking for "that thing" I stuck in one of the bins. See all the extra fun you be having too! :p ;):p
Yes, I've been there. We went through a phase converting from cardboard boxes to opaque bins for about everything in storage...realized that was dumb, and then a few years later started changing over the clear boxes. The wife's got all the holiday boxes switched over and got a labeler.

I figured I should do this right from the beginning, so when I moved everything from the garage, bought a whole set of matching bins that would fit the shelves...and made labels...on BOTH ENDS of the boxes...since otherwise no matter how hard you try, the label is ALWAYS on the back side of the box...

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like black bins, so I can see everything I own before I find what I need.
Great build. Nice attention to details
Thx!

I now have a pile of old opaque boxes in every size in the garage. I hate to throw them out, but I don't know what else I'd use them for...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news?

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news?
Not much has happened recently with respect to the mixing station and other prep since I finally got the tank and stand in.

It was all supposed to arrive by US Thanksgiving last fall, and I planned to spend that week, and several weeks around the end of the year, working on the stand and plumbing, I'm now having a hard time finding the time. This is a busy time of year for me for other reasons, so it's going slowly.

Check out my build thread here for the 180, most of my progress will be tracked there at this point. The skinning of the stand is coming along.

IMG_1849.jpeg

And I just finished my customizations of the Lifereef Sump, and install all the fixtures.

IMG_1852.jpeg

The all-white build is coming along though. I even printed my own loc-line and random flow generator nozzles with PETG.

IMG_1844.jpeg

I just got started on the plumbing this last weekend.

3EA2B667-D826-4DCF-BAF0-7300F2DC712B_1_105_c.jpeg

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back