Drew's Doser Replacement Tubing

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
3,986
Reaction score
153
Location
West Fargo, ND
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With something as simple as a dosing pump, the tubing that goes inside cannot be all that proprietary. Does anyone know what kind of tubing is used in this pump? If yes, do you know where to get it from either locally or online? I am thinking it can be found for much cheaper than the $5.99 for a small 5" piece of tubing...
 
I’m not familiar with that specific doser, but assume it is a peristaltic pump doser. The best tubing for this application is silicone tubing….it will last the longest and have sufficient resistance to the alk, calc or mag you are running. I only wish my replacement tubes were only 5.99. If you wish to purchase your own tubing (and if need be, attach it to the end pieces with electronic welds) go for it. It’s readily available from many vendors with the caveat that you will need to purchase somewhere in the area of 15 meters.

I’ll just stick to having to pay $10 - $12 every X number of years for a short piece of tubing. (I haven’t had to replace mine yet….about two years.)
 
Bulk reef supply sells replacement tubing for their dosing pumps, it's around $12 and comes with all the fittings attached. I can't remember the exact material used but it isn't silicone, I did a bunch of research on it when my show broke about three months ago but I already cleared that portion of my memory to my brains recycle bin.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new