Drilling a contour 3?

Cliff717

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
203
Reaction score
209
Location
Ontario canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. So we were walking thru wwc a couple days ago and the wife saw one of their marine land contour 3 tanks and she fell in love with it. I want to put it on the end table right beside my 250 reef. I really don’t want to maintain another tank. So I got thinking. Could I drill a drain in the rear pane of the tank and use my sump for my big tank that’s on the other side of the wall? I’ll attach a pic of the spot I want to put the tank and a pic of my big reef currently So my main question after all the rambling. Is the back pane of a contour 3 drillable?
3786D36C-E14C-48C3-81B2-1E8DA9572B75.jpeg
8AA3201B-B848-4F20-8CCC-22DA1E86334A.jpeg
 
I think you might be better off (and more likely to get an answer) from the manufacturer. And if you can't drill it, you could still use an HOB overflow with your existing sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new