Drilling Overflow Box to run return locline

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbird0420
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jbird0420

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2016
Messages
28
Reaction score
6
Location
Parrish, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

The return lines for my aquarium have no pre cut holes drilled into the top of the overflow boxes to run my return line locline.

Instead of running the plumbing up and over the overflow. I'm looking for a more cleaner look and I was wondering If I drill the overflow box where the teeth are at and use a hole saw to drill the hole. Will I be able to drill into the overflow box 3/4" hole for the return without cracking the whole overflow box?
Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
 
Yes you can. I did the same thing with my tank. I have 4 - 3/4” loc-lines and if memory serves me right I had to make each hole 1” for the pvc end that the line treads into to fit the way I wanted.
 
+1 with Hitman

Easy to do and only a hole saw drill bit which easily cuts through wood, PVC pipes, and plastics.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new