Drilling Waterbox 50.3

Reefkeeper14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy a waterbox 50.3 aquarium and I am wanting to drill it. I wondered if anyone new if the glass for the waterbox was tempered or not and if so which panes of glass would be tempered/normal glass.

Thank You,

sorloe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the bottom but I bought the same tank and drilled it to make a peninsula macro refugium.
5EAF76DA-A50F-4BF8-A130-23BFEB1691BB.jpeg

j_wilson_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you're still looking for an answer/help. I did talk to Waterbox support about drilling my 50.3 AIO and they said you could, but it would void the warranty. All glass is NON tempered.

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the bottom but I bought the same tank and drilled it to make a peninsula macro refugium.
5EAF76DA-A50F-4BF8-A130-23BFEB1691BB.jpeg
@sorloe is this the AIO 50.3?? So I’m in the process of adding sump. After 2 weeks and lots of tricks I was able to successfully remove the baffles. Now it’s a clean slate.

how challenging was it to drill the aquarium?? Or was it easy? I want to add overflow next and I’m debating between Hangon Overflow vs. Drilling

sorloe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not the AIO. I just bought the freshwater tank version from lfs and they help me drilled it. It took them an hour to drill the two holes to add return and overflow.

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not the AIO. I just bought the freshwater tank version from lfs and they help me drilled it. It took them an hour to drill the two holes to add return and overflow.
Thank you for your reply. I was successfully able to remove the partition of my AIO. Now worried or debating about drilling this. Let me think

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back