Driver Upgrade Prices are Out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the heck is there a difference in price? Is there really anything here costing extra to drive the price? Seems a bit like robbery. Please show me I am wrong and there is some justification other than just charging more because the pump cost more.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Specialty is now listing the driver upgrade prices. Not too shabby!!

Search results for: 'driver upgrade'

-MP10 QD Driver Upgrade: $50

-MP40 QD Driver Upgrade: $75

-MP60 QD Driver Upgrade: $100

I might have missed this and if I did I do apologize, but what does the QD driver do that is different than the ES driver that would allow the motor to run quieter? Thanks for any info

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they finally fixed their flaw but gonna charge good money for the fix.They could atleast offer it free or alot cheaper to buyers that got one within the last year

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I thought I saw something about a driver and wetside upgrade, but can't find any links or information.

SCMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive my noobness, but if I were to order a driver upgrade am I getting the black quiet drive box as a whole that comes ready to plug and play or just the new board inside that I will need to pop mine open and switch out?

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the heck is there a difference in price? Is there really anything here costing extra to drive the price? Seems a bit like robbery. Please show me I am wrong and there is some justification other than just charging more because the pump cost more.

Wondering this as well

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive my noobness, but if I were to order a driver upgrade am I getting the black quiet drive box as a whole that comes ready to plug and play or just the new board inside that I will need to pop mine open and switch out?

You'll receive the black driver box. All you will have to do is open both boxes, unplug the old dryside cable and plug it into the new driver.... Simple! You can find a picture how-to in the new QuietDrive manual that's posted at the bottom of the Advanced Aquarist article.....

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/ecotech-introduces-a-new-generation-of-vortech-pumps

QUOTE=mfinn;2201804]I thought I saw something about a driver and wetside upgrade, but can't find any links or information.[/QUOTE]

Yep, there are upgrades for both wetside and driver. Right now though, the only upgrades for the MP10/MP60 it the driver. But I imagine other parts will become available later (just my speculation).

I wish I could answer this, but I can't. Only EcoTech would be able to. I'll post your comment in our Product Test Team threads to see if they have an answer.

Thanks,

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could answer this, but I can't. Only EcoTech would be able to. I'll post your comment in our Product Test Team threads to see if they have an answer.

Thanks,

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team
I appreciate it. I know my choice of words probably across more cross than I am feeling but unless there is some hardware difference it makes no sense for the different costs. I was happy with the price of the entire package being cheaoer but this irks me immensely. I feel like just because I paid more money for a bigger pump they are just charging more for basically the same controller. Understanding there might be some hardware change it is hard to believe it is that drastic of a difference.

opakapaka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like they took a page out of Apples marketing. ..iphone 4,4s,5, 5s....mp40, mp40wes, mp40qd

mic209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have a non wireless MP10, will the mp10qd driver upgrade make my mp10 wireless? Do the upgrade drivers come with the black case?

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have a non wireless MP10, will the mp10qd driver upgrade make my mp10 wireless? Do the upgrade drivers come with the black case?

No and yes. They make a non-wireless MP10QD as well as a wireless MP10wQD. If you buy the "wireless" MP10 QuietDrive driver, yours will be wireless and vice versa. Both wireless and non-wireless drivers are interchangeable with any old MP10 VorTech.

And yes, you'll get that slick looking black box!

Check out page 13 on this information packet.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/QD_Information_Packet.pdf/at_download/file

Last edited:

rsuplido

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that's the case Randy. If you have a non-wireless MP10, you still need the wireless module (that you can find here), to make it wireless. If you have a wireless MP10, then you need to transfer the wireless module to the QD upgrade kit.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that's the case Randy. If you have a non-wireless MP10, you still need the wireless module (that you can find here), to make it wireless. If you have a wireless MP10, then you need to transfer the wireless module to the QD upgrade kit.

Edit.... I'm mixing up my conversations. You are probably correct Reggie. Thanks for helping!

Last edited:

rsuplido

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But they make both the wireless and non-wireless version of the QuietDrive for MP10.

I'm referring to the MP10 QD upgrade kit -- there is only one listed in Aquarium Specialty (for $50). If someone with a non-wireless MP10ES and wants it to become both wireless and QD, then a a wireless module (that small green square-like module) is needed + the QD upgrade kit. If someone has a MP10wES (wireless) and want to upgrade to QD, a QD upgrade kit is the only thing needed, since the wireless module can just be transferred to the QD controller. That's how I understood it but I might be wrong.

But yes, both will get the benefit of the QD and 10% flow increase.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back