DRIVING FORCE: May The 4th Be With You!! (WIN a R2R Swag Pack)

What or Who has been a driving FORCE for you in this hobby? (select all that apply)

• Friends in the hobby

Votes: 192 29.2%
  • A website or forum

Votes: 234 35.6%
  • A certain tank build or thread

Votes: 94 14.3%
  • A popular online pesonality

Votes: 115 17.5%
  • A book or publication

Votes: 47 7.1%
  • Reef2Reef (sorry not sorry)

Votes: 295 44.8%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 196 29.8%

• Total voters

GILLty Guppy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mfilter.ThanksMy start...Istart...I started in Freshwater. Went in to my LFS and wanted to buy a Blue Tang because it was pretty hehe. The store owner thankfully refused to sell it to me...I had no clue that it wasn't a freshwater fish. After he chastised me and scolded ke I went home and googled Blue Tang and found R2R, I read post for years learning all that I could and then found BRS on youtube. I was hooked before I even had a tank !!! :p

NYborn82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friend got me re-started and expanded from there, but having a trusted source close to home to bounce ideas off of in a hobby as this has been helpful. Everyone has their own opinions and ways of doing things. There is not “ONE” right way, which makes this so challenging of a hobby!

Belgian Anthias

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My driving force in this hobby for the 15 years I’ve kept a saltwater aquarium has been my own fascination for all the life we keep in our aquariums. I don’t compare my success with others in the hobby. I don’t keep any difficult to keep corals. I like to keep large colony’s, no fragging to make money. I have had many setbacks and now feel that I have the knowledge to be successful, but I also know that I don’t want the hobby to become “WORK”. Recently I have become interested in mated pairs of fish beyond the common clownfish pairings. I enjoy watching my longnose hawkfish pair’s interactions, and now my flame angelfish harem’s nightly spawn!(thanks to member Orion on the forum for giving me the courage to try!
In the early days, we kept different Dyscallus and we had different mated pares spawning regularly. I spent many hours watching the male taking care of the eggs till hatching. This was before we kept stony corals. A very good reason to keep a marine aquarium.

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to the winners!! I'm not jelly.
imnotjellypanda.gif

Seriously... I swear... I'm not.....

its-official-im-jealous-600x519.jpg

K9reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My drive to start was my passion to want to be a marine biologist. But life found a different way for me to help the world. Now I'm driven by my dream and the constant learning, knowledge, growth, and progress in the hobby. Your tanks like a kid, watching everything grow after putting all the time sweat and tears into it.

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mfilter.ThanksMy start...Istart...I started in Freshwater. Went in to my LFS and wanted to buy a Blue Tang because it was pretty hehe. The store owner thankfully refused to sell it to me...I had no clue that it wasn't a freshwater fish. After he chastised me and scolded ke I went home and googled Blue Tang and found R2R, I read post for years learning all that I could and then found BRS on youtube. I was hooked before I even had a tank !!! :p
Welcome to Reef2Reef... as you can see we are competitive here.. sorta.. And we like to help each other.. Pull up a stool and talk to us!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I didn't win ?????

cry baby.gif

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much information available at reef2reef which is beneficial and advantageous in setting up and maintaining my tanks!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back