Drop-In Roller Filter to Replace Filter Socks!

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to see it at RAP Orlando. Pretty cool. I think they also offered an mechanical version for those that want to turn the roll by hand. I don't recall the prices but the one for the 7" sock was supposed to handle 1500g/hr plus. That makes it very interesting to guys with larger tanks.

OP
OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to see it at RAP Orlando. Pretty cool. I think they also offered an mechanical version for those that want to turn the roll by hand. I don't recall the prices but the one for the 7" sock was supposed to handle 1500g/hr plus. That makes it very interesting to guys with larger tanks.
I completely agree, the higher flow will be much appreciated by most. I have the Theiling on my tank, it works well but definitely has some cons.

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll believe it’s when I see it. Last year they announced their first virsion which was similar to the theiling roller filter but more universally workable to existing sumps. It was suppose to be available 1st quarter of 2018. Then no info for months until the new version reveal in Orlando. While I love this new version, a lot of sump manufacturers have lips around the top edge of the sump and even a lid in some cases. Not sure it would fit those sumps. In any case it’s not due to be available until summer of this year.

platax88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

platax88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll believe it’s when I see it. Last year they announced their first virsion which was similar to the theiling roller filter but more universally workable to existing sumps. It was suppose to be available 1st quarter of 2018. Then no info for months until the new version reveal in Orlando. While I love this new version, a lot of sump manufacturers have lips around the top edge of the sump and even a lid in some cases. Not sure it would fit those sumps. In any case it’s not due to be available until summer of this year.
Hi! We have engineered the Klir to have a very small footprint needing only 4.125x4.125” lid opening.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one too. I have a small sump only because of a series of events that happened when I moved. I went with what I had and it works, but other than something like this I'd have no room to accommodate one. I don't want a rollermat bad enough to get a new sump but if I can just drop it in I'm sold.

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
also saw it a RAP...I have a 7" sock...looks like it will fit,,will need to change my lid though,they also make a cover if you have 2 socks like i do looking forward to its release

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on this thread ever buy one? Looks like there some issues for awhile there with motor strength etc. Wondering if that was ever resolved.

Ive been eyeing an automated sock for a long time and love the drop in flexibility! PS a neptune connection, Or even an open/closed signal connected to a breakout box would be a killer upgrade!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back