Drukkosz upgrade - something little different

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Congrats on the new baby!!!!!
Your attention to detail is outstanding whether it be your woodworking, plumbing skills or even fire hydrant restoration.
Sorry to hear about all the nightmares with the new tank but it looks like you have it all worked out.
Ill definitely be following this build. BIG THUMBS UP!

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Congrats on the new baby!!!!!
Your attention to detail is outstanding whether it be your woodworking, plumbing skills or even fire hydrant restoration.
Sorry to hear about all the nightmares with the new tank but it looks like you have it all worked out.
Ill definitely be following this build. BIG THUMBS UP!

Thank you for all the kind words :) It has been defiantly a journey with a lot of ups and downs but I am getting there. Still working on the new Aquascaping and trying to decide on the lighting for new system.
Hopefully in next few weeks the tank will be wet :)

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, congrats on the new addition!!! The tank and scape look great, and that is one flashy fire hydrant! Sorry to hear about that yellow - crazy how sometimes we just don't have the ability to help animals heal.

hmmmmm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build, great kid, great hydrant!
Tang can't do anything about that, wasn't meant to be, luckily happened in QT so gave him the best chance

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely beautiful work!!! I may need you to do my next aquascape...

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is in, I did more work on the NSA aquascape and I really like how it came out. tons of holes and places for the fish to swim through. the separate island on the right is strictly for the anemones- I think I have over 20 of them in my old tank.

Unfortunately nothing can just go right ever in this build, and I have noticed that the sump I am planning on using it has a leak.

I purchased Weldon 16 online and hoping I can patch it somehow when it arrives......

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights finally came. I decided to go with Coralcare gen2. After researching lights for over two months I think they will be perfect for my tank. I know they are not as powerful as radions or kessil but they dont have to be. Plenty of power for my needs. And they are silent no noisy fans only bad thing so far is that they are HEAVY 20lb heavy!

Also was waiting for something special to show up on live aquaria and yesterday was that day!

I purchased:

2x captive bred yellow tangs,

Bella Goby (Bonded Pair)

and a Caribbean Yucatan Cleaner Shrimp

Getting the quarantine tank ready again :)

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are up and running, Because of the weight and the way my ceiling slops I had to get creative.
I ordered those heavy duty wall brackets that were rated 50lb and my external walls are concrete so I used 6in concrete fasteners to secure them to the wall. It was extremely scary to hang those lights but I think that should work.

Still need to play with the lighting setup.

What I really like about them right now are the diffuses. you can actually sit in front of your tank and be comfortable.

Also more bad news about the live aquaria order. They canceled the shrimp due her injury. And when I received the package yesterday the heat packets were completely discharged and water was cold. One yellow tang didn’t make it. Other looks pretty beat up too.

Is it normal for them to have their face so white when they are little? And a little I mean size of a quarter.

On the other hand the Bella gobies are beautiful. They already rearranged all the sand in the quarantine tank.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been busy last few days. But here is a little update.
I was able to fix the sump, that was a huge relief because all new sumps I searched are different dimensions that the one I have so I would have to redo bunch of the plumbing and with the pipes being painted that’s a major headache.
I used a Weldon 16 and 6x1 piece of acrylic to glue over the leak and was able to stop it.

Slowly started moving corals and fish. I have to say so far I am really liking the Coracare lights, I see some colors on the corals that I have not seen before.

So far I was able to catch and transfer:
2 blue Chromis
Orange spotted goby
6 Lyretail Anthias -2 males and 4 females will add 2 more females later.
Captive bred purple Dottyback
Pair of Leopards Wrasses
Captive bred Yellow tang
Captive bred cleaner goby
Bella goby
2x cleaning shrimp

I just love that little yellow tang. Hi is so cute just swimming between all the rocks. The NSA aquascape is awesome, I think fish really like swimming through all the openings.

Peekaboo

Also I made a little floating shelf for my Trachy:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice. You have had a lot of issues!!!!!! but your scoping ideas are great - one question - did you leave the plastic on your floor under your sump? We did this for another issue - and water got around in a couple areas - which we could not see - and it really messed up the floor.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. You have had a lot of issues!!!!!! but your scoping ideas are great - one question - did you leave the plastic on your floor under your sump? We did this for another issue - and water got around in a couple areas - which we could not see - and it really messed up the floor.

Yes, I used a pond liner and taped every edge with gaffer tape. Its sealed so I really dont see any entry points. Also purchased apex leak detector with extra sensors so hopefully that will be sufficient.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is coming together beautifully!! I really like the trachy stand. Did you make the round platform?

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is coming together beautifully!! I really like the trachy stand. Did you make the round platform?
Thank you. the platform is just a large frag disc I have had lying around.

I found something similar on amazon, search for:

ReefCreators 20 XXL 3" Ceramic Coral Frag Disks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back