Drukkosz upgrade - something little different

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high is your water line? I just filled up one of my planet tanks and noticed that the water is only 1/2" below the edge which seems a bit high for me. I think i'm pushing about 600 GPH at the tank.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high is your water line? I just filled up one of my planet tanks and noticed that the water is only 1/2" below the edge which seems a bit high for me. I think i'm pushing about 600 GPH at the tank.
Mine is just below 1/2 ". I really dont like that overflow, I spent tons of money to make sure my tank is silent and this is the loudest piece of the tank, drives me nuts. The noise is coming from the inside overflow and I dont think there is anything I can do about it except replacing it with something better.

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah mine is very loud as well, but I am hoping that once i convert to a herbie style drain it will quiet down. Are you saying that the overflow itself is causing the noise or the drain?

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah mine is very loud as well, but I am hoping that once i convert to a herbie style drain it will quiet down. Are you saying that the overflow itself is causing the noise or the drain?
My drain is silent its the piece that is inside the tank that makes all the noise, its bad design. Did tons of resarch on that already. I think only option is to replace the entire overflow with a another, better brand.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like my reef tank but having Lion Fish is just awesome.

Love the Fu Manchu! I've always wanted one, but too afraid he'll eat other fish in the tank.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have small fish then yes it will eat it (gobies etc), but its relatively small fish and requires target feedings.
Yeah I'm thinking about my clowns and mandarin dragonet.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm thinking about my clowns and mandarin dragonet.
If they are not juvenile you should be fine, even small silversides I have to cut in multiple pieces in order for her to eat. The hardest part is to teach her to eat frozen and they must be target feed.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what it takes to make 0 TDS water when you live on a well.

My RO/DI station

RO water goes to the storage container where I run air pump for 2-3 days to get rid of CO2, without that my raisin would be gone after only 50 gallons of water. I run 3 stages of DI and then clean water goes to my storage containers in the garage.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an impressive lionfish!! How hard has it been to keep one of those
Its really not, at least I think so. It takes patience to train them to eat frozen silversides (i always soak it in selcon) also my large guy soon will be rehomed to a larger tank. I have him in 125g tank and I can tell he is not happy anymore. I think 200g should be minimal tank for a large Lion fish.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is extremely expensive in this hobby especially after 4 tank upgrades but my favorite piece of equipment is my @Deltec USA skimmer. It has been awhile since I did a major clean up but this thing is amazing.

I don’t think there is another skimmer that you can completely disassemble for cleaning. Just look at that! Plus the Emergency overflow system with water level indicator is genius!

[/URL
]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%

Back